Anyone building something new
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Not t/d, but going efi this season. Coming together more slowly and more expensively than I had hoped. LOL It's something new for me.

If I was starting from scratch, I'd go with the Comsync EFI, but the cost to change over from MFI just dosen't make sense...........

Comsync seems to be a great system. The numbers I hear thrown around for cost of those is a little silly though. I am converting from Toilets, and using Megasquirt 3 Pro Ultimate. Hopefully I have patience enough to sort it out before I throw the toilets back on. If it goes really well, there may be a small power adder in my future. Thought that may be easier if I already have EFI figured out. We will see.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Comsync is a great system. It's an all in one deal, EFI, ignition and logger.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Most of the decent ECU's do all of that. I know the Megasquirt and the Holley Dominator do that. The Comsync does have a few unique features like alarm shutdowns that are nice. But I raced without those forever anyhow. I certainly wouldn't make the switch if I had to pay Comsync price. IMO they are upper end and more than what most fast bracket racers would need. I'm only starting with fuel controlled by the ECU to begin with to get my feet wet. If I fall in love with it, I will get rid of the digital 7 and the Racepak and do it all with the MS just to simplify things. Going coil on plug has its advantages too, but seems like a PIA for running valves etc.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i think i will join the party ,f1x12.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1413 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

Most of the decent ECU's do all of that. I know the Megasquirt and the Holley Dominator do that. The Comsync does have a few unique features like alarm shutdowns that are nice. But I raced without those forever anyhow. I certainly wouldn't make the switch if I had to pay Comsync price. IMO they are upper end and more than what most fast bracket racers would need. I'm only starting with fuel controlled by the ECU to begin with to get my feet wet. If I fall in love with it, I will get rid of the digital 7 and the Racepak and do it all with the MS just to simplify things. Going coil on plug has its advantages too, but seems like a PIA for running valves etc.

I've worked with BigStuff3 equipment for about 10 years now, always been happy with it and the support from John is priceless. Nice feature is the box is infinitely upgradeable.

Now that a lot of the cool kids are running Motec and Fueltech systems, you can find Bigstuff dirt cheap.......check it out

https://www.prolineracing.net/...ns/electronics-deals

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that a lot of the cool kids are running Motec and Fueltech systems, you can find Bigstuff dirt cheap.......check it out

https://www.prolineracing.net/...ns/electronics-deals

Used BS capable of alky injectors $2500. New MS capable of alky injectors $1500 including harness. Very little difference in their usable features. MS package is a bit larger and not sexy. Lots of MS users out there. No argument from me that Comsync is the Cadillac. But the additional features it has are not ones that I need. The MS stuff has come a long way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Bigger blower...gotta qualify at them D4 races

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
I wouldnt go that far I would be happy with the ability to go 30s
You didn't need to drop the nitrous bottle to do this,JS.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Working on putting a pro charger combination together. No more nitrous for me.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
topd1332 did I see your pro charger set up for sale already?

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Art is but he’s being weely secwet... HMMMM
Probably installing double espresso maker in the console.. You Da Man

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
I already knew about Art.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
I already knew about Art.

Man, you fast guy’s got the coolest stuff....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Is it possible that the bump at Division 7 Events could be a bit lower in 2018?

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Making the big leap into TD this year, already started ordering parts. Will have empty pockets when I get there but I will be there at some point. Shooting for the Motorplex double divisional in April but lots of stars will need to line up....

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Making the big leap into TD this year, already started ordering parts. Will have empty pockets when I get there but I will be there at some point. Shooting for the Motorplex double divisional in April but lots of stars will need to line up....

Good for you Steve, hope those stars line up !!! Best of luck, you can do this easily !!!

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:

Good for you Steve, hope those stars line up !!! Best of luck, you can do this easily !!!

clapping

Thank you sir. I figure its now or never...

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Steve, you're younger than me and I'm still going.......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve, you're younger than me and I'm still going.......

I just look younger because I use just for men hair color once a month to hide the grey Uncontrollable Laugh

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Aw, come on give me more credit than that. My hair is beyond grey, it's white!

Slap Head

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2