Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC Solid Roller Cam?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
BBC Solid Roller Cam?
 Login/Join
 
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:
Anyone else into 65 GTO hell rides on the street, with pump gas 750hp Big Blocks, M22 rock crusher 4 speed transmissions and verti-gate shifters?



Built a 71 GSX with a Sunset pump gas 785hp 565. It too was a 4 speed and had 4.10's. That cam you listed is way too big for a street 4 spd car, it will be very lazy around town. The sunset engine came with a 345 head and giant hydraulic roller and ran like **** in typical around town driving. Ended up with a AFR 325 head and a 242/246 solid roller and it felt like it had 200 more hp LOL Instant power when you released the clutch, the sunset engine was like a 2 stroke dirtbikes powerband, nothing until 3500 .......


Must've been the 345 cylinder heads, I put this in the 496 Third Gen Camaro, huge hydraulic roller 93.5 degree's overlap. Rides around town perfect 5700 converter or 6700 converter.

Nobody passes him unless he lets them. This is a bigger camshaft than the 50204 lunati.

The new version Lunati 50204 has 89.5 degrees overlap. It just showed at the front door, it'll be perfect and make around 750hp (496), i'd bet.





https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Did you find anything with the mustard to match it yet?

Smile



Yes....it's sitting in my LUV!
Just not sure I could slow it down to run 6.40s LOL


That's easy to do, put 700 lbs of ballast in it to match the Ripper Nova weight 3200 lbs, then shift to high a hundredth after trans brake release.

It'll go 6.50's 105 - 106 mph, if it don't sizzle the transmission. Smile


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must've been the 345 cylinder heads, I put this in the 496 Third Gen Camaro, huge hydraulic roller 93.5 degree's overlap. Rides around town perfect 5700 converter or 6700 converter.

Nobody passes him unless he lets them. This is a bigger camshaft than the 50204 lunati.


I'm sure it will run well and pull strong going through the gears but I think you missed my point Mike. Heavy 4 spd cars with limited rear gear feel like crap at low rpm's, no converter to help the transition kills it. Your 750 hp will feel sluggish until the rpm's climb. Sounds silly right ??? I lived it....... For a real street car low rpm torque is king when you let that clutch out in normal street driving.
That GSX was insane to drive, actually hooked pretty good in 1st but would get stupid on gear changes. Cruising 60mph at around 3000rpm's and it would smoke the tires just by laying into the gas,I mean sideways burnouts !!! Totally useless and dangerous. Fun lasted a few years until the owner got scared a few to many times and it's back to a 455 4spd w/3.42's now.
I still have that engine and will one day plug it into one of our bracket cars and probably go mid 9's on pump gas.
We did race it once on a L60 polyglass tire, it went a best of 11.20 @ 123 mph with like a 1.95 60' LOL If I remember right it weighed 3875 lbs. Engines had close to 7,500 real street miles on it when we pulled it out. He was never really impressed as his new Corvettes go into the 10's easily.
Aside from dyno numbers, the owner will be happier with the smallest cam you choose. JMO ......

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HS professor,
 
Posts: 1359 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:
Must've been the 345 cylinder heads, I put this in the 496 Third Gen Camaro, huge hydraulic roller 93.5 degree's overlap. Rides around town perfect 5700 converter or 6700 converter.

Nobody passes him unless he lets them. This is a bigger camshaft than the 50204 lunati.


I'm sure it will run well and pull strong going through the gears but I think you missed my point Mike. Heavy 4 spd cars with limited rear gear feel like crap at low rpm's, no converter to help the transition kills it. Your 750 hp will feel sluggish until the rpm's climb. Sounds silly right ??? I lived it....... For a real street car low rpm torque is king when you let that clutch out in normal street driving.
That GSX was insane to drive, actually hooked pretty good in 1st but would get stupid on gear changes. Cruising 60mph at around 3000rpm's and it would smoke the tires just by laying into the gas,I mean sideways burnouts !!! Totally useless and dangerous. Fun lasted a few years until the owner got scared a few to many times and it's back to a 455 4spd w/3.42's now.
I still have that engine and will one day plug it into one of our bracket cars and probably go mid 9's on pump gas.
We did race it once on a L60 polyglass tire, it went a best of 11.20 @ 123 mph with like a 1.95 60' LOL If I remember right it weighed 3875 lbs. Engines had close to 7,500 real street miles on it when we pulled it out. He was never really impressed as his new Corvettes go into the 10's easily.
Aside from dyno numbers, the owner will be happier with the smallest cam you choose. JMO ......


I hear ya, I have two camshafts to choose from. The Lunati UD Harold design (top) will work from 2800-6800 rpm in a 496 and the Lunati 50204 (bottom), from 3400-7000 rpm.

I've got access to either a close or long ratio Muncie M22 rock crusher 4 speed transmission, and vertigate shifter. Both transmissions are fresh.

I've got a Edelbrock Victor 454 O intake we're gonna fab a 4500 Dominator flange on and port rectangular. The top (flange) will be done Saturday. These Pro Comp heads I've been using on these pump gas engines have a smaller than traditional rectangular port, so the best approach is to start off with an oval port intake. Edelbrock makes a Victor 454 R for a dominator but not the oval port version. From what I understand these Edelbrock Victor 454 intakes are bad to the bone.

I'll probably dyno it with the 50204 Lunati, if it don't ride nice around the neighborhood, I know the UDHarold camshaft makes good power too. I can always switch cams.



https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Did you find anything with the mustard to match it yet?

Smile



Yes....it's sitting in my LUV!
Just not sure I could slow it down to run 6.40s LOL


That's easy to do, put 700 lbs of ballast in it to match the Ripper Nova weight 3200 lbs, then shift to high a hundredth after trans brake release.

It'll go 6.50's 105 - 106 mph, if it don't sizzle the transmission. Smile


Mike....you are crazy and you know it!
Stockblock 23degree running 5.50s at 121mph 2700lbs.....do the math

You couldn't run a 5 second anything yet you keep claiming it.

Stockblock....wow that must suck to know you've spent all that aftermarket money and mine makes more power....lol

PTC built my trans so don't worry about it sizzling anything....plus my Greg Slack converter is one bad piece!!
 
Posts: 192 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Did you find anything with the mustard to match it yet?

Smile



Yes....it's sitting in my LUV!
Just not sure I could slow it down to run 6.40s LOL


That's easy to do, put 700 lbs of ballast in it to match the Ripper Nova weight 3200 lbs, then shift to high a hundredth after trans brake release.

It'll go 6.50's 105 - 106 mph, if it don't sizzle the transmission. Smile


Mike....you are crazy and you know it!
Stockblock 23degree running 5.50s at 121mph 2700lbs.....do the math

You couldn't run a 5 second anything yet you keep claiming it.

Stockblock....wow that must suck to know you've spent all that aftermarket money and mine makes more power....lol

PTC built my trans so don't worry about it sizzling anything....plus my Greg Slack converter is one bad piece!!


I did the math, you're full of shyt. It's 2450 lbs like every other tom dyck and harry's sbc tube chassis steam roller tire , plastic window abomination.

Hang 700 lbs on it and put it in high gear a hundredth after trans brake release and see if you can beat my 110 mph high gear only 23 sbc at 3200lbs.

You can't, just like nobody else can.


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
There's no other 23 sbc factory condition muscle car on the planet going 110-111 mph n/a at 3200 lbs.

You can't show one.



https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hear ya, I have two camshafts to choose from. The Lunati UD Harold design (top) will work from 2800-6800 rpm in a 496 and the Lunati 50204 (bottom), from 3400-7000 rpm.

I've got access to either a close or long ratio Muncie M22 rock crusher 4 speed transmission, and vertigate shifter. Both transmissions are fresh.


I'd defininitely go with that smaller cam!!! Especially if you choose a real M22 trans. All M22's have a 2.20 first gear, a close ratio M20 or M21 have a 2.52 1st. Do the math, that 2.20 1st gear hurts a bunch.........
I know you like chasing dyno numbers but how much actual hp do you think your giving up with the smaller cam ??? I bet not much at all and the torque numbers will be much better where you need them the most.
I learned a bunch building that GSX, most people think a 4 spd is easier to get right than a converter/auto but it's the exact opposite for a real street car with a race car inspired engine. Ignition curve and carb are waaaaay more important too.
 
Posts: 1359 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:
I hear ya, I have two camshafts to choose from. The Lunati UD Harold design (top) will work from 2800-6800 rpm in a 496 and the Lunati 50204 (bottom), from 3400-7000 rpm.

I've got access to either a close or long ratio Muncie M22 rock crusher 4 speed transmission, and vertigate shifter. Both transmissions are fresh.


I'd defininitely go with that smaller cam!!! Especially if you choose a real M22 trans. All M22's have a 2.20 first gear, a close ratio M20 or M21 have a 2.52 1st. Do the math, that 2.20 1st gear hurts a bunch.........
I know you like chasing dyno numbers but how much actual hp do you think your giving up with the smaller cam ??? I bet not much at all and the torque numbers will be much better where you need them the most.
I learned a bunch building that GSX, most people think a 4 spd is easier to get right than a converter/auto but it's the exact opposite for a real street car with a race car inspired engine. Ignition curve and carb are waaaaay more important too.


Actually I don't like chasing dyno numbers, what I do like is handing a guy an engine I built, that has been pounded on.

That's really the point, pounding on the engines on the dyno with a resulting printout with numbers hp, oil pressure etc etc and rpm.

I like the smaller UDHarold design Lunati camshaft a lot for a low compression pump gas BBC 496, only problem with starting off with it is, I'm trying to learn something about these Pro Comp heads. I already know they make decent power to 7,000 rpm's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
The attempt with the 50204 Lunati will be, to be still making power at 7,000 rpm.

I need to find out if I need the traditional taller rectangular Pro Comp 320 to achieve around 750 hp, or if the head I'm using with the shorter rectangular port can cut the mustard.

Torque numbers are good down low with the current short rectangular ports. Torque down low makes the muscle car a thrill ride.

The shorter rectangular port heads are a little more work though, because I have to start off with an oval port intake.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
We pounded 17 pulls out of this, burned every drop of fuel we had. All pulls between 995 hp and 999.6 hp. It ran flawlessly.

When I drove it to the mans shop to drop it off straight from the dyno and told him it was a good one, I knew I wasn't bullshytting myself. That's why I prefer to dyno engines I build.




https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
I'll betcha most are cutting the intake port taller on these heads, to fit current over the counter rectangular port intakes.

I'll betcha that's hurting torque numbers down low, pump gas, low compression BBC combo's 240 to 270 duration cams.



https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Did you find anything with the mustard to match it yet?

Smile



Yes....it's sitting in my LUV!
Just not sure I could slow it down to run 6.40s LOL


That's easy to do, put 700 lbs of ballast in it to match the Ripper Nova weight 3200 lbs, then shift to high a hundredth after trans brake release.

It'll go 6.50's 105 - 106 mph, if it don't sizzle the transmission. Smile


Mike....you are crazy and you know it!
Stockblock 23degree running 5.50s at 121mph 2700lbs.....do the math

You couldn't run a 5 second anything yet you keep claiming it.

Stockblock....wow that must suck to know you've spent all that aftermarket money and mine makes more power....lol

PTC built my trans so don't worry about it sizzling anything....plus my Greg Slack converter is one bad piece!!


I did the math, you're full of shyt. It's 2450 lbs like every other tom dyck and harry's sbc tube chassis steam roller tire , plastic window abomination.

Hang 700 lbs on it and put it in high gear a hundredth after trans brake release and see if you can beat my 110 mph high gear only 23 sbc at 3200lbs.

You can't, just like nobody else can.


You are a complete idiot and can't stand the fact your cookie cutter high dollar aftermarket everything turd can't hang....LOL

The truck weighs 2700lbs with me in it and I'm 200lbs dressed
5.50's son with a 1.18 60'
Ohhhhh.....hiow did the math come out at 2700lbs....you obviously didn't like the answer
 
Posts: 192 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Did you find anything with the mustard to match it yet?

Smile



Yes....it's sitting in my LUV!
Just not sure I could slow it down to run 6.40s LOL


That's easy to do, put 700 lbs of ballast in it to match the Ripper Nova weight 3200 lbs, then shift to high a hundredth after trans brake release.

It'll go 6.50's 105 - 106 mph, if it don't sizzle the transmission. Smile


Mike....you are crazy and you know it!
Stockblock 23degree running 5.50s at 121mph 2700lbs.....do the math

You couldn't run a 5 second anything yet you keep claiming it.

Stockblock....wow that must suck to know you've spent all that aftermarket money and mine makes more power....lol

PTC built my trans so don't worry about it sizzling anything....plus my Greg Slack converter is one bad piece!!


I did the math, you're full of shyt. It's 2450 lbs like every other tom dyck and harry's sbc tube chassis steam roller tire , plastic window abomination.

Hang 700 lbs on it and put it in high gear a hundredth after trans brake release and see if you can beat my 110 mph high gear only 23 sbc at 3200lbs.

You can't, just like nobody else can.


You are a complete idiot and can't stand the fact your cookie cutter high dollar aftermarket everything turd can't hang....LOL

The truck weighs 2700lbs with me in it and I'm 200lbs dressed
5.50's son with a 1.18 60'
Ohhhhh.....hiow did the math come out at 2700lbs....you obviously didn't like the answer


Yeah, sure it does. Smile


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
Post a photo of the dune buggy seat, I gotta see the tin floor in this abomination of yours. Smile


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Post a photo of the dune buggy seat, I gotta see the tin floor in this abomination of yours. Smile


It has a race seat in it....what's the problem??
Weight is weight Mike....it has a heavy ass Dana 60 under it and it's an oldschool squaretubed chassis built in 1990...what part of that don't you get?
You use the same lines everytime because you can't come up with anything better.
It is all sheetmetal too so what's your point?
STOCBLOCK 23* 14:1 dumptruck motor that runs 5.50s@ 2700lbs race ready
Ohhh....every panel on this truck is FACTORY....no fiberglass on this truck
 
Posts: 192 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Post a photo of the dune buggy seat, I gotta see the tin floor in this abomination of yours. Smile


It has a race seat in it....what's the problem??
Weight is weight Mike....it has a heavy ass Dana 60 under it and it's an oldschool squaretubed chassis built in 1990...what part of that don't you get?
You use the same lines everytime because you can't come up with anything better.
It is all sheetmetal too so what's your point?
STOCBLOCK 23* 14:1 dumptruck motor that runs 5.50s@ 2700lbs race ready
Ohhh....every panel on this truck is FACTORY....no fiberglass on this truck


How fast is it on a 10x28 tire at 3200 lbs?

You don't know because you don't wanna know.

That's why you have big tire and a flyweight tubbed out plastic window car, because you don't wanna know.

The times you're running are a dime a dozen.

I built a 23 degree 434 for a guy back in 2007 ran 5.50's on gasoline... it weighed 2850 according to the owner, big tires, plastic windows.


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
It had Crane Gold rocker arms on it and ran 5.50's 122 mph on gasoline in decent conditions, 23 degree sbc 434 with ported Brodix T1 227's. Big Tires, plastic windows. Weighed 2850 lbs according to its owner.

I took him as serious as I do you.


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Rietow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:
I hear ya, I have two camshafts to choose from. The Lunati UD Harold design (top) will work from 2800-6800 rpm in a 496 and the Lunati 50204 (bottom), from 3400-7000 rpm.

I've got access to either a close or long ratio Muncie M22 rock crusher 4 speed transmission, and vertigate shifter. Both transmissions are fresh.


I'd defininitely go with that smaller cam!!! Especially if you choose a real M22 trans. All M22's have a 2.20 first gear, a close ratio M20 or M21 have a 2.52 1st. Do the math, that 2.20 1st gear hurts a bunch.........
I know you like chasing dyno numbers but how much actual hp do you think your giving up with the smaller cam ??? I bet not much at all and the torque numbers will be much better where you need them the most.
I learned a bunch building that GSX, most people think a 4 spd is easier to get right than a converter/auto but it's the exact opposite for a real street car with a race car inspired engine. Ignition curve and carb are waaaaay more important too.


I understand exactly what you're saying, this is the white 70 Nova I did the 462 BBC for.

First glance the Clay Smith hydraulic roller looks moderate performance 569 620 237 241 107.

It's a big camshaft in reality, 84 degree's overlap.

I put a set of Pro Comp 305 oval port heads, ported dominator flange Track Warrior intake and a 2 circuit 1050 dominator carb. It don't suffer on the bottom end, 625 hp,,,, big camshaft.

When you get in this car, it smells like it has a burning rubber air freshner hanging from the rearview mirror. Smile


This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,


https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg

http://ottm.store

https://youtu.be/I8QWEaqeFRw

1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 Super Pro Champion Sunshine Dragstrip, Clearwater Florida
 
Posts: 8828 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Post a photo of the dune buggy seat, I gotta see the tin floor in this abomination of yours. Smile


It has a race seat in it....what's the problem??
Weight is weight Mike....it has a heavy ass Dana 60 under it and it's an oldschool squaretubed chassis built in 1990...what part of that don't you get?
You use the same lines everytime because you can't come up with anything better.
It is all sheetmetal too so what's your point?
STOCBLOCK 23* 14:1 dumptruck motor that runs 5.50s@ 2700lbs race ready
Ohhh....every panel on this truck is FACTORY....no fiberglass on this truck


How fast is it on a 10x28 tire at 3200 lbs?

You don't know because you don't wanna know.

That's why you have big tire and a flyweight tubbed out plastic window car, because you don't wanna know.

The times you're running are a dime a dozen.

I built a 23 degree 434 for a guy back in 2007 ran 5.50's on gasoline... it weighed 2850 according to the owner, big tires, plastic windows.


LOL....now you're really full of crap Mike!
You haven't built anything that will run 5's let alone a 5.50 at 2850lbs.

Is everything your way Mike....if everyone doesn't do it the way you do they are wrong.....I have a 31" tire on my truck and it runs 5.50s at 2700lbs.....what would be the point of slowing it down a second? You only have to slow yours a few tenths to run 6.40s LOL
 
Posts: 192 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC Solid Roller Cam?

© DragRaceResults.com 2023