DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC Solid Roller Cam?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC Solid Roller Cam?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I keep swinging and missing? That's funny retard, considering you're the pathetic wanna-be crewchief with 45 years of self proclaimed experience turning wrenches, looking for someone to pay to fix park on your 2 speed powerglide, because you haven't the savvy to fix it yourself.

Put it in a crate and send it to BTE, they know what they're doing, and quit your crying here in a thread on BBC roller camshafts.

Everything I assemble works perfect, and has been winning drag races & championships for 3 decades Wink

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
wrong again as is everyone of your assumptions! you're such a clueless idiot!!

You need to take your own clueless/worthless advice Forum(s) Fool, that's why you are the #1 Forum(s) B1tch! Wink

Yes, the vast majority laugh at you. You do have a few that you nut hug with, power on chicken little with your stupidity.

Laughing very hard

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2479 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
I just caught up on all of my reading and i`m ready to have a great day. Thanks Ed!!!!

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Not for nuthin but my award for best insult goes to Rietow

"A parking pawl is smarter than Ed"....

I'm sorry Ed but that's a good one....

I did take my own trans apart this past Feb. and that damn park mechanism was almost smarter than me, but I figured it out.....LOL

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
I just caught up on all of my reading and i`m ready to have a great day. Thanks Ed!!!!

Paul I have another block I need to bring to you today .....I'll call you later

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
rich, that parking prawl ain't smarter than me, I didn't attempt to fix the issue but apparently it is smarter than a well known trans guy in jersey

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
rich, that parking prawl ain't smarter than me, I didn't attempt to fix the issue but apparently it is smarter than a well known trans guy in jersey

I never completely disassembled a P/G case before and really did not need to but did to send it to TSR for a recert

The park mechanism in the case itself is tough to see how it goes back together but I do have the TSR book and luckily they show a couple good pictures of it

When I reinstalled the trans in my car I had to readjust my shifter and cable numerous times and still could not get 1st and Park.........travel was off from previously....took me a while to get it right and Larry P. had it right when I was wrestling with it....Move the cable attachment to a different hole....Worked perfect after that......

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
my issue is not a cable/adjustment issue, I have positive engagement in all gears and park

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Little Lunati street strip solid roller that could showed up from JEGS, I know for fact it's in pristine condition, it came floating in another box packed with inflatable packing.

Thank you JEGS for one less variable.

I might use this I dunno, it's small really, only 69 degrees overlap. The roller camshaft of FORDSST, I may try has 80 degrees. The updated Lunati 50204 looks really good too and I know that fokker sounds radical and makes excellent midrange power. I think the updated 50204 design is 89 degrees overlap from its old design of 93 degrees, exactly what I'm looking for.

I talked to FORDSST on the phone, he's got a nice little 496 going together with a new 50204, so I guess I'll be following some NHRA West Coast Super Street. I think that cam will out do this little UDHarold by a little, but not by a lot. It'll make a lot more racket out the pipes though.

I'm glad I bought this though, it's a damn good one. We'll see...

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Gonna do a ATI balancer (internal), billet Speedmaster flexplate 153, Eagle rods and 18cc SRP dome pistons, PEP 4.25 stroke 4340 BBC crank.

MLB player wants to know when it's gonna be done. Buddy picked up a mint set of Crane Gold rockers a swap meet, $100 bucks.

Brodix stud girdle, PAC titanium retainers, PAC valve springs on the same Pro Comp 320 heads, Ported rectangular port, 4500 oval port Track Warrior intake.

Ansen Valve covers are on deck.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

I did take my own trans apart this past Feb. and that damn park mechanism was almost smarter than me, but I figured it out.....LOL

quote:
rich, that parking prawl ain't smarter than me

Ha Ha that's fok'n funny! Maybe I'll show ya how to outsmart a parking *prawl*... Nah, I changed my mind!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

quote:
rich, that parking prawl ain't smarter than me

Ha Ha that's fok'n funny! Maybe I'll show ya how to outsmart a parking *prawl*... Nah, I changed my mind!

Yes there are those little pesky parts .....

Oh, my park worked fine when I put that trans back in the car...

P.S. I'm hating that I sold all my chit about now....Doc gave me a new miracle drug and it's working I think....

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Those parts bit me in the arse once.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Park pawl is the first prep you do on these aftermarket cases. There's no rush. You can look at these several different ways to verify it's gonna work, before proceeding.

I luv these TSR shift levers, reminds of a time it was difficult to get the rooster comb on them. When they're tight on the rooster comb like this, the rooster comb is far less likely to crack over time. Plus there's there's no slop chance of being in between gears.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I almost pulled the trigger on another Track Warrior intake for the new pump gas RIPPER 496, glad now I didn't.

Because of inflation this might be the last I do. Gotta make it to 750hp on this one.

I'm gonna fab a 4500 dominator top on this Edelbrock oval port intake, and port it rectangular port.

A buddy spotted and picked up a JESEL belt drive and Crane Gold rockers.

JESEL cover is getting powder coated black.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I ain't play'n around with this one.

Someone is gonna have a rocket ship n/a sleeper muscle car. Mad

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
97 degree's overlap and very easy on valve train parts.

Amazon made me an offer I couldn't refuse, 50204 nasty radical idle Lunati 496 roller camshaft.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anyone else into 65 GTO hell rides on the street, with pump gas 750hp Big Blocks, M22 rock crusher 4 speed transmissions and verti-gate shifters? Confused

Americana!!

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else into 65 GTO hell rides on the street, with pump gas 750hp Big Blocks, M22 rock crusher 4 speed transmissions and verti-gate shifters?

Built a 71 GSX with a Sunset pump gas 785hp 565. It too was a 4 speed and had 4.10's. That cam you listed is way too big for a street 4 spd car, it will be very lazy around town. The sunset engine came with a 345 head and giant hydraulic roller and ran like **** in typical around town driving. Ended up with a AFR 325 head and a 242/246 solid roller and it felt like it had 200 more hp LOL Instant power when you released the clutch, the sunset engine was like a 2 stroke dirtbikes powerband, nothing until 3500 .......

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Did you find anything with the mustard to match it yet?

Smile

Yes....it's sitting in my LUV!
Just not sure I could slow it down to run 6.40s LOL

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post