DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Well -- It's Official.... TD TS 6.10
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well -- It's Official.... TD TS 6.10
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
http://promod.nhra.com/userfil...ments%2010-23-18.pdf

Guess I'm NOT RUNNING NHRA anymore since they took my class away.

BYE BYE.

Full Moon

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
There ya go.

Looks like the 1/8th mile minimum is now 3.70 from 3.66. Since the PDRA follows NHRA T/D rules wonder if the minimum dial will now be 3.70 in the PDRA HMMMM

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
we all knew it was coming and its for our own safety.
but they should have compromised on the other end and done like a 7.50/4.70

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, but why the tenth? Is it to keep people from ever going 5.99 or faster? I predicted a while back that soon there would be a few T/D races that would be like a 6.00 Super Comp.(that would be cool to watch) I guess now those races will be like a 6.10 Super Comp.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't have a dog in this fight, but why the tenth? Is it to keep people from ever going 5.99 or faster? I predicted a while back that soon there would be a few T/D races that would be like a 6.00 Super Comp.(that would be cool to watch) I guess now those races will be like a 6.10 Super Comp

Yes exactly. I believe the thinking is to allow cars to breakout under the minimum dial in without violating their chassis cert and license minimums.

If I am reading the rule correctly you can still qualify up to a 6.00. Your dial in can just not be faster. In other words you want to set up to run 6.05 and keep .05 in your pocket more power to you. I don't think Im good enough to do that at that speed but some on here probably could and do if not even more

I really don't see this as being a major change to the class.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Another positive I see in there is it appears they increased the number of national events that they are contesting TD at which is a plus for the class.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Although I understand the thinking behind the rule, it just don't make too much sense to me! No reason not to leave it like it was and if you run under 6 flat you better have the right equipment, chassis cert etc to do so or suffer the consequences which should be stiff! Once this type of rule is put in place and it actually was enforced, problem solved !

BJ , if your right about qualifying, which btw makes absolutely no sense, that's even worse, having a 6.0 car holding 5 and hitting the breaks up top.... HMMMM

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
With the "enhanced" traction compound applications at Nationals I'll never race another National event.
First and Last National event I went to this year was a waste of time and money. I didn't get down the track once under full power.
I'm all set with that.

My point is they could have us at EVERY race but with out them prepping the track what's the sense.
Two Thumbs down

AL gets it.
Just enforce what is there. Now you'll have all the fast guys lifting at the thousand to get in, then for elims flat footing then spiking the brakes as they are going by.
We ALL know no one is is going to slow their car down for only a tenth, just smash the binders.
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG.
Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pentastarrail,

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although I understand the thinking behind the rule, it just don't make too much sense to me! No reason not to leave it like it was and if you run under 6 flat you better have the right equipment, chassis cert etc to do so or suffer the consequences which should be stiff! Once this type of rule is put in place and it actually was enforced, problem solved !

I was half joking abut the holding 5. You know where I stand on brake pedal racing.

I agree with you that enforcing it the other way would have been fine as well provided it was enforced consistently.

As for having a car legal to go in the 5s there is no sportsman cert or license for under 6.00. It would have a be TAD legal car. Its not just cert and license. Its certified wing struts, non powder coated chassis, titanium bell around the cage etc. etc.

Again IMO we are talking .010 Im not going to sweat it over a tenth.

B.J. Masiello

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just enforce what is there.

I think the problem with this was "what was there" was open to interpretation. Frank you yourself argued a few years back that a 5.99 was nothing more than a breakout.And in fact it was handled that way in some cases. In other cases racers were being warned or even thrown out. Nothing had changed in the wording of the rules until now I am curious what has changed that you now feel that a car running 5.99 should be tossed?

I personally was and am in favor of seeing them adjust the SFI certifications to a 5.90. To me it seems like that should not be that difficult. Others seem to disagree.

B.J. Masiello

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
BJ
Nothing has changed.
I've always been for just enforcing the rules.
What I was stating WAS the way NHRA was handling it, it was for YEARS ONLY considered a breakout. THAT WAS MY POINT.
In lieu of messing up the class, I think they should have just enforced what was there.

If it's a toss out so be it. If it's one warning then a toss out so be it.
My issue NOW with all this BS is NHRA STILL has not stated what is going to happen when someone goes 5.99 which can (and I bet will) happen very easily.
If any of the 3.80 (or faster) PDRA guys want to run a divisional or national that's close to him they will be lifting at half track to not go 5.99.
Heck, just having a fresh blower can do it.

Anyway, they made my mind up by taking the ET away.
I didn't build what I built to go SLOWER and have to lift and spike the brakes every run.
Eek

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
My issue NOW with all this BS is NHRA STILL has not stated what is going to happen when someone goes 5.99 which can (and I bet will) happen very easily.

Why do you assume that something would change in their handling of it, and a statement is necessary?

My guess is that it will still just be a qualifying DQ or large breakout; they just took away the incentive for everyone to be right on the edge of the SFI regulations so it should happen far less often.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Why is the only answer to "smash" your brake pedal at the finish line?
Can't you just take a degree or two of timing out and slow the car to run 6.10 flat out?
Why the drama?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There is certainly no way to make everyone happy with this. Maybe they will still clarify the 5.99 issue.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Being new to TD and also having a car that has ran in the 6.0x my opinion is it will do 2 things, #1 it will hurt the egos of some having to slow there cars down a little, some may have options like the PDRA but most of the country does not so either they slow down or quit.

#2 It will make for some really tight racing in the top half of the field, take Ennis this year there was 16 cars from 6.03-6.13, now take those 16 cars and put them at 6.10-6.13, you dam well better be on the tree

I think the hot ticket is slow your car down low and run big speed out the back, Danny Nelson has been testing a high gear only set up and has gone 6.05 at 240, Jimmy Sackuvich has gone over 240 numerous times and as fast as 249 mph running in the 6.0 to 6.10 range.
I am Just saying don't just say everyone's going to stand on there brakes to slow down because there is lots of ways to slow down but go really fast at the same time, think of it as a challenge and work on your combo

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Running soft early is a great way to be more consistent too, after all it's still "just" bracket racing...………………….

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Running soft early is a great way to be more consistent too, after all it's still "just" bracket racing...………………….

Bender knows!!

Now if we could just get him on the long track a couple of times next year....

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":

Bender knows!!

Now if we could just get him on the long track a couple of times next year....

Ain't gonna happen...……….

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
No dog in this fight.

Why doesn't the NHRA drop the ET cutoff to 5.90 instead?

They dropped the roll bar / fire jacket rule from 11.99 to 11.49 years ago.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Holy crap!

6.0x at 249. I hope that guy isn't trying to look over at the stripe!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post