DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Well -- It's Official.... TD TS 6.10
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Well -- It's Official.... TD TS 6.10
 Login/Join
 
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
Wait til the speed limit hits.



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 3027 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Believe me guys, I know how to slow my car down, I've been doing it for years and I'm doing it now.
I just choose to NOT want to slow my car down anymore than I am.
Why they have to move the index when all they have to do is enforce what they have is beyond me, but whatever.
It just made my life easier.

And don't laugh, Curtis is probably right.
If NHRA is afraid of us going 6.0 they are definitely going to be afraid when they see guys going 6.10 at over 245 MPH.


Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA
 
Posts: 956 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So why go there ?


.
Dave



F J B

 
Posts: 4498 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
Believe me guys, I know how to slow my car down, I've been doing it for years and I'm doing it now.
I just choose to NOT want to slow my car down anymore than I am.
Why they have to move the index when all they have to do is enforce what they have is beyond me, but whatever.
It just made my life easier.

And don't laugh, Curtis is probably right.
If NHRA is afraid of us going 6.0 they are definitely going to be afraid when they see guys going 6.10 at over 245 MPH.


last I checked, T/D isn't an "index" class. It's a fast bracket class with a minimum ET of 6.10. If you are trying to run on a 6.00 index, you're doing it wrong. That's AA/FA


Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv
 
Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Look at div 3 and see how close to 6.00 to 6.10 the top 10-15 were this year.
 
Posts: 613 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Rich folks problems lolol
 
Posts: 1252 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
Rich folks problems lolol


Big Grin


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Trophy
Picture of 2doggs
posted Hide Post
SUPER CLASS’S TO THE LANES!!!!!
Super street
Super gas
Super comp
Super top sportsman
Super top dragster


Why do you ask, 2doggs racing??????
 
Posts: 43 | Location: Grand Jct., CO | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
I’m with Frank on this one. Just enforce the rule as it was,why sugar coat it now by moving the minimum up to 6.10. If they would of enforced it it would of self regulated itself.


 
Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I agree with Frank and Moe, but I think it's probably an insurance issue whereas the insurance underwriter won't cover NHRA for a car going under 6.00 that isn't certified to do so.


272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
 
Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
I agree with Frank and Moe, but I think it's probably an insurance issue whereas the insurance underwriter won't cover NHRA for a car going under 6.00 that isn't certified to do so.


I think that is probably a pretty safe assumption. Let's face it....you gotta draw the line somewhere. And you really need to have a buffer between that line and where the breakout is. I don't think it would be better to eliminate the lower limit, and then require everyone in the class to certify for TAD and use all the TAD safety equipment. That would kill it. And having the lower dial and the dq the same is just asking for issues. It doesn't happen often. But here, I think they got it right. Again, they won't be able to please everyone.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
There ya go.

Looks like the 1/8th mile minimum is now 3.70 from 3.66. Since the PDRA follows NHRA T/D rules wonder if the minimum dial will now be 3.70 in the PDRA HMMMM


No reason to change the Pdra index. Pdra is its own organization and can do what it wants. Follows nhra rules except min dial is 3. Xx.

My opinion is they should lower the index to 3.50- 3.60 for those guys interested in running that fast. If we gained a car or two it's all for the better. There are a few old alcohol car in every region of the country that might say hey let's go have some fun because it's the only thing we can race now.
 
Posts: 415 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
I agree with Frank and Moe, but I think it's probably an insurance issue whereas the insurance underwriter won't cover NHRA for a car going under 6.00 that isn't certified to do so.


I think that is probably a pretty safe assumption. Let's face it....you gotta draw the line somewhere. And you really need to have a buffer between that line and where the breakout is. I don't think it would be better to eliminate the lower limit, and then require everyone in the class to certify for TAD and use all the TAD safety equipment. That would kill it. And having the lower dial and the dq the same is just asking for issues. It doesn't happen often. But here, I think they got it right. Again, they won't be able to please everyone.


I have not posted in this because it is above my pay grade but I really think Bucky nailed it. And yes I think NHRA is doing it because of insurance reasons. With that said I am watching this thread as I would like to know what those who do run the class think about it. Their opinion is what matters most here.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 4141 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Their opinion is what matters most here.


Not to NHRA apparently...


.
Dave



F J B

 
Posts: 4498 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I disqualify myself, because I don't run NHRA. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: "The Bender",


272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
 
Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Their opinion is what matters most here.


Not to NHRA apparently...


Exactly so why rant about it. The decision has been made and it is a done deal. If you want to play in the NHRA TD sandbox then you cant go quicker that 6.10 anymore.
 
Posts: 2491 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Besides, by moving the index, err maximum ET, up a 10th it's just that much sooner TD will become the Worlds most expensive Super class at 6.10 instead of 6.00


.
Dave



F J B

 
Posts: 4498 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Worlds most expensive Super class at 6.10 instead of 6.00



that matches up with the worlds most expensive bracket class ...
 
Posts: 1252 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of The Bozman
posted Hide Post
You know they are going to throw a MPH rule in quickly. The 6.00 cert is irrelevant because you can run 6.00 at 195mph and also at 250. Remember, the A/FC and A/D were running right at that the last 5-8 years. most of the A/D run in the 260-high 270 range now but it was only a few years ago that a 260 pass was a great mph pass.

Impact doesn't care what the ET is, it is about the g-force at impact which is directly relative to MPH.


Keeping the Socialists and NEO-LIBERALS at bay with FACTS one post at a time !!!

Freedom isn't free !!! Thank a veteran, they will actually appreciate it.
 
Posts: 2498 | Location: Gilmer, Texas | Registered: June 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Bozman:
You know they are going to throw a MPH rule in quickly. The 6.00 cert is irrelevant because you can run 6.00 at 195mph and also at 250. Remember, the A/FC and A/D were running right at that the last 5-8 years. most of the A/D run in the 260-high 270 range now but it was only a few years ago that a 260 pass was a great mph pass.

Impact doesn't care what the ET is, it is about the g-force at impact which is directly relative to MPH.


Nail on head.


272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
 
Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Well -- It's Official.... TD TS 6.10

© DragRaceResults.com 2024