DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Pepperoni Pizza cam
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Not bad ....

I had 1.75 Jesel's and could run a bit more lift with a moderate spring.... .850" actual max lift....

The R-M # 420-116 is fairly close to that one and was excellent

I still have one in very good condition....For Sale.....$300 shipped....They get $500 now for one...

Real good price.

We've got a date for delivery of T&D steel rockers, I'm thinking along those lines.

The valve covers have Jesel aluminum rocker breakage (1.7) dents.

Gonna start off with the Jesels.

I'll run that cam by him, I'd like to get it, He's got a couple of these anyway.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like it SCDIV1

A lot a like.

848 787 on the Big Pepperoni Pizza cam, with 1.75 rockers.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
CC custom I had ground and my pick of lobes and split for a 584

#1719 Int. lobe 283-316 .496" LOBE LIFT
#1760 Ex. Lobe 300-338 .484" Lobe lift
Ground on a 114 split
Installed at 111-112

Never got to see the results...Car/engine gone and in the hands of someone very well known right now....Not sure if or when I will ever get any feedback from the new owner and whoever the driver will be.....It's fairly local though so I might see it somewhere in the future....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
CC custom I had ground and my pick of lobes and split for a 584

#1719 Int. lobe 283-316 .496" LOBE LIFT
#1760 Ex. Lobe 300-338 .484" Lobe lift
Ground on a 114 split
Installed at 111-112

Never got to see the results...Car/engine gone and in the hands of someone very well known right now....Not sure if or when I will ever get any feedback from the new owner and whoever the driver will be.....It's fairly local though so I might see it somewhere in the future....

Big Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza cam.

You'll hear through the grapevine I'm sure.

Be gratifying as hell if it meets/exceeds expectations.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got a chunk and trans together for the car while waiting on the engine pieces to show.

I should have everything I need to start assembling the engine by the middle of the week.

It's a nice car, just needs a set of high end shocks. Ohlins or Penske.

Can't wait to get this thing on the starting line. All new combination Engine, third member, trans. It should roll out pretty decent.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That was a lot bigger hassle than I envisioned.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Intake is now gorgeous inside and out.

Jewelry

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Jonesz, it's a 20 plus year old Callies.

The crankshaft was originally in a Ray Miller 4 link car raced at Sunshine in the early 2000's, owned by a cat who owns several new car dealerships here in Plnellas county.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Smooth domes right?

This is gonna be a nice piece.

Got a good jump on it.

Straightest most perfect crankshaft bore I've ever encountered.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Jewelry

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Any objections to the oil pump I chose, the bronze distributor gear will luv it.

It's definitely getting the red spring too.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looking excellent on our clearances & squish - head gasket. Take it back apart file rings, all downhill from here.

Intake fits heads beautiful.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BOOM! In the dark of night!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
.055 piston to valve clearance on the intake and and .100 on the exhaust cold lash.

Camshaft advanced 4 degrees. Had more than I thought. Need some intake pushrods and she's done.

Looking good.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looking good!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Looking good!

Thank you Sir, soon as the intake pushrods arrive from Nickels it's gonna shake the dyno.

Made 960hp in it's previous configuration, ran 4.60's with 100 lb driver.

Several mods to the driveline and engine, needless to say we're anxious to get it in the beams.

Ray Miller dragster.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We're hunting 4.50's with a 100 lb driver.

Everyone around here seems to have their doubts.

4.599, is a 4.5* right? Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,