DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Farmington was good to me as I sold the 2014 Smart car. Guy got a good deal on a real good little car. I took it to him today....Hope everyone is doing well. Good to see all my friends in the short lines at Coastal Plains and to Dave Harvey on the true start win. If not for true start Kevin Pollard would have been the winner. They were both on kill.

I am thinking of buying a Smart car just for pit vehicle. They are cheaper than some of the Golf carts and got Air Conditioning! Plus I could go to town if needed.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That’s why we have 2 more. I am in Baltimore right now taking care of some rental units

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening guys, not much going on here but expecting a good rain storm starting tonight thanks to Floyd I believe he sent it here.
Been getting the car ready for the last three days of December we have a fun Hangovers Event and I look forward to it every year. The track how do you banquet last night but I was unable to go. But I heard they had a great time.

I’m glad to see more people posting keep this thread alive.

Floyd isn’t that how it always happens you get a tiny leak in the next thing you know you’ll be doing the whole roof. Been there done that even got the T-shirt to prove it.

Fern this was a great time to sell the smart car the market still up.

Chuck glad to hear you got family coming in that always makes the holiday fun.

BKing from the poster pictures you got your work cut out for you. You’re gonna have quite a handful for the months to come. Good luck getting it done, your drivers just waiting for you. LOL

Y’all have a great week coming ahead!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here's our nice view of fresh mountain snow, we are on the Western side. It always looks better when it's fresh. I took this on my morning walk. I was distracted already by a DRR guest member texting me. The cop let me off with a warning for blowing through a stop sign & weaving on the road while walking. He suggested I lay off the bottle in the morning, just kidding about the cop thing.

Yesterday I spent 8 hours getting the B-Car on the rotisserie & final disassembly. Now I start on the belly pan.

2BKING a little tired Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I finally realized today that I won't make the New Years race at Bradenton this year. To much going on. Came back from WV deer hunting Nov 28 went to Farmington Dec 2, took car I sold at Farmington to its new home up near Virginia on Dec 5, went to Baltimore on the Dec 10 and got back today. Now I have to be in WV Dec 19 to settle on some property, get back here Dec 20, then Christmas. I might have missed something but no Bradenton.....Hope everyone is doing well

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening guys, been real cold out here in the desert. Got down to 29° and I went out to run an errand at 9:30 and it was still 31°. The high for this afternoon was a whopping 46. I’m glad I insulated the garage good, it got down to 53° which is pretty darn good.

Fern I don’t know anybody that has it that busy of a schedule being a retired guy like you are. Keep it up and you’ll live to be 110.

Y’all have a great Thursday and the weekend is coming I have a little fun.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick I have to much to do---Need to open a new shop so I can get some rest. Pouring rain here today--See Corey Gulity won one in FL, good job.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Came to WV yesterday, snow and 22 this morning. Heading south in the morning. SFG got it done it looked like in FL. I was supposed to go down there for New Years but looks like that’s not happening. Everyone stay warm and safe

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening or should I say good morning whatever works. Had a very interesting weekend, didn’t go out the house for a couple days helping my wife get through a little Covid. So Sunday morning go out to get Saturday’s mail in the front yard is 3 inches deep in water. It was about 5:30 in the evening so I turn my water off it’s still running and I go to my neighbors and help her turn her water off and still have the same problem. My artesian well is still gushing. I called the water company and two hours later the guy shows up in here I go again turning off my water turning off my neighbors water and then telling me the water pipe is in the middle of the street.Lol so by 9:30 he realizes it’s the Watermain and says somebody be out first thing in the morning. By 1130 truck start pulling up backhoe, dump truck, a huge truck with a trailer with a 5000 gallon shop vac type deal to bosses and seven guys. They all got it done and we’re gone by 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Meanwhile my driveway is so soaked but my wife’s Tahoe sinks in about 4 inches pushing the newly laid granite stone down into the mud. I could go on but why bother I had the best time.

You all have a great Tuesday as we get closer to the Holidays

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, it never stops.

Fern, it's supposed to be 79* Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas, y'all!
Relaxing

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Floyd, we were supposed to be in the high 60's on christmas, but the clouds are coming in to bring rain for new years, but still supposed to be 60ish on Sunday. I remember the year that we had record heat on Christmas, we went water skiing, that was when the lake had water LOL, then we made hot chocolate and went 20 minutes up the mountain and went tubing in the snow. We might not have all four seasons here, but we are only 20 minutes away from them.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Back in the 50s when I lived in Tucson I many times skied on Mt Lemon in the morning and relaxed in the pool in the afternoon. Before irrigation and all the transplants coming with their plants etc that ruined all that.
I am back in NC and it’s pouring rain. When I left WV Tuesday it was 15 with snow flurries. Everyone stay safe and have a merry Christmas

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
79 degrees on Christmas day. Somehow that sounds ridiculous when for years the weather on Christmas day was close to or below 20 degrees, Oh how I don't miss that!

Merry Christmas to everyone with the hope that 2023 is the best year of your lives.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Currently its -8 heading for a high of -13 WTF its gettin colder today and oh ya the wind is gusts to 51mph-MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 408 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well its the day before Christmas and 11 outside. Everyone on here have a Merry and safe Christmas, thats all I have got!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We are blessed with a little bit nicer weather than most. Hope you'll are staying safe & warm.

Happy Holidays to all!

2Bking

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Had a great Christmas day at Marty's house. He smoked a prime rib for 5 hrs @ 250* and it was great.
He took the family on a tour of his shop.
This is how the old hay hauler sits right now. It's ready to go.
Y'all have a gooden, I'm going to have some leftovers for lunch.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Glad you had a great day Floyd! Hay Hauler looks good in there.

My Xmas was good. Spent most of the day with my son(13yo). I got him a drone for Xmas. He didn't ask for it and didn't know anything about it. We don't know anything about them other than what I researched on Web. It's an entry level hi end unit.

He didn't seem impressed with receiving it until we got it charged and running. That thing is pretty darn cool! We had a good time.

I haven't tried it yet but he flew it pretty well.

Looking at screen, it has different things displayed. At one point he went up pretty high and I asked what it displayed. He replies "only 90 feet" and I'm like no way.
Well,it was meters! Thought we could see the curvature of the earth,LoL.

Hope everyone here had a good Xmas!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Glad you had a great day Floyd! Hay Hauler looks good in there.

X2!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! I hope everyone had a good Christmas. We didn't get as cold as Vetman got, but it was still flippin' freezing. -5 with -27 wind chills. I'm grateful for the roof over my head, a working boiler, and no frozen pipes. It's been warming up since Monday, hit mid 40s today, going to the 50s this weekend. I'm towing the car to my buddy's tomorrow, and we're going to go through the transmission, already got my parts from BTE. I'll be sending them the converter too.

Floyd, looking good, both you and the Hay Hauler! That prime rib sounds phenomenal.

Nice to see all of yinz posting in here. Things are slowing down now a little, so I should be able to pop in a bit more regularly. You all take care.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post