DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Weather Underground Radar maps for U.S.
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weather Underground Radar maps for U.S.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Had trouble with my Camaro at the July WFC race in Bristol. It broke on the starting line on Sunday. Had it fixed in Bristol. Brandon loaned me his red Camaro to get home. It took them about 3 weeks to get the parts and fix it. I had broken the shield that connected the transmission to the rear end housing. I now have an after market bar instead of shield. It is much better and seems to be more stable.

How is your family? Let me know what is going on in your life.

Brenda Taylor

Posts: 380 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: September 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
Brenda, I am now 63 years old. I am planning to work until I am 65 which will be 2015. My family is doing well. I have one granddaughter which I dearly love but lives a couple of hours away.
Most tracks in my local area have done away with deep staging. Either that or raised the Pro ET break to faster than any of my cars can run. Sportsman(around here) races for peanuts compared to the other classes ($200-$250) It's obvious to me that they want me to build a "real" race car. That ain't going to happen. Sometimes I wish I lived in your area, I would still be racing Cavaliers. Smile.
I now drag race slot cars a couple of days a week. It's affordable fun. We were both in a LOT better situation 10 years ago but we will survive.

Taylor Motorsports-Indiana
Price Racing Clan-Midwest

Posts: 982 | Location: Evansville, Ind. | Registered: October 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Haven't been on this site in a long time but remember how Steve would take on any subject and didn't care what anyone thought!!! When I made a long tow to NC Steve was the first one to come and say welcome Yankee!!! I was from Michigan at the time,,, Miss you old pal...

Posts: 3 | Location: Chandler AZ | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mrs. Brenda!!!
Ice Cream Double Thumbs up
Miss ya Smile

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dave, Thanks for your comments about Steve. I miss him also...It is hard to believe that it has been 6 1/2 years since he died.

Lee, I always enjoy reading about the Roberson members on face book and photos of the little ones. Thanks, also, for the birthday wishes.

Brenda

Posts: 380 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: September 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Have a part time job as an intervention teacher. The job has kept me busy so I have not been checking Steve's weather maps very often. I am traveling to Atlanta for Christmas so I will be checking more often.

Brenda

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I can't even remember what brought it up, but we told some Steve Taylor stories at the PRI show this weekend. He's never too far from our thoughts.

Safe travels, Brenda!

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Steve,

How is weather there?

Here's hoping that everyone is safe and warm.

Think spring!

Brenda Taylor

DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
We have had a little snow, but man has it be COLD! Another dose of single digit weather is coming up this week. Stay warm (if you can).

Posts: 982 | Location: Evansville, Ind. | Registered: October 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mabe
posted Hide Post
TTT Snowman

Wayne Mabe ZX 21

I'm not crazy, my wife had me tested!
Holy crap on a cracker!

Posts: 636 | Location: Pulaski, Va | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
Looks like you have a mess today, Brenda.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
TTT

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1298 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Waiting for nice weather in NC so I can go racing.

Brenda Taylor

DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for nice weather for a lot of reasons.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bill Hoskinson 3152
posted Hide Post
Conyer, I was just searching for this. Thanks man.

Posts: 804 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
Glad to help.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,

Wishing you a wonderful Easter. I actually plan to go racing when it stops raining. Smile

Brenda

DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
I am scheduled to work 12 hours tomorrow. Retirement is still 422 days away. Frown

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,

How is the weather these days? Still waiting for more tracks to run brackets. It seems to be less and less of weekly racing.

Brenda

DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
Rainy but getting better. Come on Summer!