Find
Notify
Tools

The Purse
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
It's pretty obvious from the attendance at the big money bracket races there are a lot of people that look at the purse. Many of them are also the people that are paying the purse since it all comes from the racers since there aren't spectators like circle track. I'd say some of it is a lot like NHRA class racers where being there at the big show attracts them. Personally I prefer value. I can locally race with in couple of hours drive time all year for what 1 or 2 of the big money races cost to enter. Just seems like better value to me. But I'm old and cheap and I don't have a lot invested in car,trailer and truck. When I go to multiple day events I sleep in the trailer and bring my own food.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
Take your favorite event flyer and turn it upside down, and study it. (i.e., read it from the bottom up) What does it take to cover your entry? I heard there are going to be two events next year (one Footbrake and one Top E.T.) that will pay FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR round money...

Win 4th round of the main event, and it will cover MORE than the entire weekend's entry fees for FIVE races: two $3K's, two $12.5K's, and a $75K.

That's real value for your hard-earned dollar.

Michael, I respect you and your integrity and success as a promoter, BUT...

With one round of buybacks, only 12.5% (one out of every eight) entries are left after 4 rounds.

With all due respect, you have entirely missed the point of my post.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
In a sense we are all "Gambling" with our money in hopes of getting the prize and notoriety. That may be a big payout or a trophy.

Take that away and there is no reason to run.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
In a sense we are all "Gambling" with our money in hopes of getting the prize and notoriety. That may be a big payout or a trophy.

Take that away and there is no reason to run.

Absolutely. And affinity for risk plays a role for sure.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, I don’t think I did, but just for fun, what part of my post was inaccurate in your view?

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:

No, I don’t think I did, but just for fun, what part of my post was inaccurate in your view?

I didn't say it was "inaccurate". There's nothing wrong with what you said, in and of itself... It just doesn't have anything to do with the point I was making. We're having two completely different conversations.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Chris, for me and thousands upon thousands of drag racers, THIS

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/reading-sc

beats any big check we could ever hold and for me personally, this was the proudest moment I've ever experienced with my son, more than his first touchdown, more than his first hit at bat and even more than his college graduation 5 months earlier.

He may never win another but the fact is he has won on the NHRA big stage, something 99.9% of drag racers dream of and most will never do.

A proud Wally ball washer!!

I’ve been fortunate enough to win a few big races, but the time I let go on nothing at 3 cars in SC the one national a year I ran, still haunts me. I had won a divisional, but sure wanted that big wally sitting on the shelf too.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post