DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Pulse of sportsman drag racing regional
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulse of sportsman drag racing regional
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I tried to dress out the engine to look period correct. It's actually a 355.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I was born in 1962. When I was a kid my dad had a 63 Impala SS 327/300 with 4-speed, and my uncle had a 65 Impala SS with the same powertrain. I lusted after my uncle's 65, and I always considered the 65 Impala to be the prettiest Chevy body style ever.

Here we are on a family outing to Washington, DC, probably 1967-68 in my uncle's 65. That's me and my family on the right, my uncle's family on the left. My uncle isn't pictured - guess he was the photographer. A nice 65 was always on my bucket list - was an easy decision to let the Chevelle go for this car.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
SlyFox,
Great story & nice car! I'm glad you guys are having fun. USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2541 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
I tried to dress out the engine to look period correct. It's actually a 355.

It's just me, and it really is a pretty petty thing to mention, but... I'd have put a Petronix conversion kit inside of a stock points style distributor with a separate stock appearing coil. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Bracket racing has picked up down my way, Paul...Orlando set the pace with bigger payouts and the other tracks had to follow...this has raised car counts...I race pro et and we normally get around 50-60 cars...super pro is generally a bit larger...I pay 60 bucks to enter and win $1750..I believe super pays 75 to enter and win $2500...

Palm Beach has less cars and struggles with running their program...it could be great but, oh well...it is 50 bucks to win 1500 down there in no box...Bradenton is an up and comer with a new owner and Wade Rich now running the show...

Big money events have taken a few from the brackets but not very many...I race big money and those events make up the majority of my racing season...most locals around here will not travel like I do to enter these events...I will be towing to Bristol Tn in a couple of weeks for a foot brake only event...two 10 granders and a giant $100K to win...I'd bet there will not be 10 racers from the entire state of florida showing up...

I race a 79 Monte Carlo on 93 pump gas...I tow an open trailer with my daily driver...this is a hobby...we don't do it for a living...I enjoy winning or just going rounds like everyone else but have a ball even if I go out first round...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy got it right, bracket racing in Florida has a lot of options now. Immokalee, PBIR, Bradenton and Orlando all running. Lately we been getting scattered showers on race days but no one can really control that. At least we can get out and exercise the little RV somewhere safe.

PS - Dan, my car off trailer. On Saturday it quit starting on it own. Got a bad big cable either on feed or ground. Got one pass leaving engine running in lanes. Never got hot at all.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post