DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Teach me how to do this cheating stuff.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teach me how to do this cheating stuff.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:

Lastly, given a budget of a million dollars, do you think you could put a system on a vehicle to consistently generate near perfect runs (.005 pkg or better), with only a so-so driver at the wheel, just to see if it could even be done?

Tom: You can buy back a lot of times for a million dollars. Maybe you're over thinking this... LOL! Smile

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Pirate:

•Throttle stops allowed/no stutter boxes.
•Slew rate controls are prohibited.
•Random car inspections may be performed at any time.
•MSD Ignition box 7531 is prohibited.

This is interesting to me. No rule against having a device that senses the tree. Also, is the slew rate controller one that uses ignition timing to control the rpm? Is the MSD 7531 a slew rate controller? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brktracer:

Tom: You can buy back a lot of times for a million dollars. Maybe you're over thinking this... LOL! Smile

I wouldn't b*yback if I had 100 million dollars and b*ybacks sold for 1 dollar each. The cost isn't the point...to me. But I think you already knew that. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
I used to just "re-case" my MSD 7531 in a regular MSD 7530 case and ride the dots, but I would make sure I still had my regular 6AL mounted on the dash, so no one really questioned it. It didn't really make the car run with .005, but it really helped when the dew settled, or when it was a while between rounds, due to an oil-down, rain shower, etc. I didn’t have to worry too much about the light because it was just street car/no box class so anything within .500-.550 was ok.

Now days I had to get a little fancier, so I have two grids, one in an obvious place, (for tech of course) and the other hidden. I hide mine behind a “false” dash in my dragster. The other one is out in the open with 12 volts hooked up (so the light goes on and off) I only need one coil, I just have several false wires here and there so its hard to track.. The trick is my magnetic collar is on the planetary and in the transmission.. This keep prying eyes from following any wires. No need to worry about the front tires because the back is always planted.. Plus with a 4.10 geared dragster going 5.00’s, there isn’t much spin. I usually dial slow so it can always take timing out, because its easier to take out timing, than to hit it with nitrous.
Hitting the tree is done with a Bluetooth photo receptor, (similar to iphone’s auto adjust feature in bright sunlight) using the air holes in my helmet. I had to take out some of the helmet padding to get it to fit in there, but its pretty hidden. It only activates after I set it (once both staged) so it will only react to the next “brightness”. I do have a light on my dash to make sure it goes off so I don’t sit at the starting line if it misses, so I don’t look silly, I just use the last chance button I have wired to my delay box, in case I need to leave on the third yellow.

Hitting the dial “I tell it” is a little in the future. I just get two baseline rounds, (time trails) and once my grid records a run, I just set the MSD slew (7761) to follow that run. Once its set I can take the controller out. Still not within .005 each run, but it tightens up the daily spread from .03 to around .015. During big money events, I can reset the slew from the last run due to how much time I have in between rounds, but at local events, there are too many people and not enough down time.

Of course I made this entire thing up, because I'm still waiting around for decent weather.

I genuinely learned from this post, even if it wasn't necessarily intended for that purpose. A bit of it went over my head, but I'm still digesting it. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Many cars today are very consistent. The light sensor is where it is happening if it is at all and there are good engineers that could set this up.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I used to just "re-case" my MSD 7531 in a regular MSD 7530 case and ride the dots, but I would make sure I still had my regular 6AL mounted on the dash, so no one really questioned it. It didn't really make the car run with .005, but it really helped when the dew settled, or when it was a while between rounds, due to an oil-down, rain shower, etc. I didn’t have to worry too much about the light because it was just street car/no box class so anything within .500-.550 was ok.

Now days I had to get a little fancier, so I have two grids, one in an obvious place, (for tech of course) and the other hidden. I hide mine behind a “false” dash in my dragster. The other one is out in the open with 12 volts hooked up (so the light goes on and off) I only need one coil, I just have several false wires here and there so its hard to track.. The trick is my magnetic collar is on the planetary and in the transmission.. This keep prying eyes from following any wires. No need to worry about the front tires because the back is always planted.. Plus with a 4.10 geared dragster going 5.00’s, there isn’t much spin. I usually dial slow so it can always take timing out, because its easier to take out timing, than to hit it with nitrous.
Hitting the tree is done with a Bluetooth photo receptor, (similar to iphone’s auto adjust feature in bright sunlight) using the air holes in my helmet. I had to take out some of the helmet padding to get it to fit in there, but its pretty hidden. It only activates after I set it (once both staged) so it will only react to the next “brightness”. I do have a light on my dash to make sure it goes off so I don’t sit at the starting line if it misses, so I don’t look silly, I just use the last chance button I have wired to my delay box, in case I need to leave on the third yellow.

Hitting the dial “I tell it” is a little in the future. I just get two baseline rounds, (time trails) and once my grid records a run, I just set the MSD slew (7761) to follow that run. Once its set I can take the controller out. Still not within .005 each run, but it tightens up the daily spread from .03 to around .015. During big money events, I can reset the slew from the last run due to how much time I have in between rounds, but at local events, there are too many people and not enough down time.

Of course I made this entire thing up, because I'm still waiting around for decent weather.

I genuinely learned from this post, even if it wasn't necessarily intended for that purpose. A bit of it went over my head, but I'm still digesting it. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

And....... If you happen to be running EFI and using a system from FAST, there are two different units, a black box and a red box. One is legal in all classes, the other is not due to the built-in traction control. Nothing to stop someone from swapping guts though.......

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
And....... If you happen to be running EFI and using a system from FAST, there are two different units, a black box and a red box. One is legal in all classes, the other is not due to the built-in traction control. Nothing to stop someone from swapping guts though.......

Does the one with traction control really change much, unless you have a traction issue? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Does the one with traction control really change much, unless you have a traction issue? Take care. Tom Worthington

Nope. Same as the MSD 7531, no traction issues, no advantage to using one. I doubt it's accurate enough to "ride the dots" and make the car/dragster run the exact dial all the time.....

Get something to "see" the tree to control the start of the race, I think that's where most of the race takes place. Seems a lot of cars/dragsters don't have a big issue repeating in the 1/8, the 1/4 is a little different, especially with wind.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope. Same as the MSD 7531, no traction issues, no advantage to using one. I doubt it's accurate enough to "ride the dots" and make the car/dragster run the exact dial all the time.....

Get something to "see" the tree to control the start of the race, I think that's where most of the race takes place. Seems a lot of cars/dragsters don't have a big issue repeating in the 1/8, the 1/4 is a little different, especially with wind.

And what about the Davis unit that’ll plug into Dominator EFI? Does this set any tattle tale of prior use?

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
Many cars today are very consistent. The light sensor is where it is happening if it is at all and there are good engineers that could set this up.

Name these engineers, and any racers who are using these systems......or quit spreading lies.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They ain't cheating at the tree in top bulb. Cheating at the tree happens in bottom bulb no box.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted March 22, 2019 06:45 PMHide Postquote:Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:Many cars today are very consistent. The light sensor is where it is happening if it is at all and there are good engineers that could set this up. Name these engineers, and any racers who are using these systems......or quit spreading lies.

Where do you get spreading lies??? I said if it is happening at all. And if you think this could not be done, you probably, well I will leave it there.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

(snip)

Hitting the tree is done with a Bluetooth photo receptor, (similar to iphone’s auto adjust feature in bright sunlight) using the air holes in my helmet. I had to take out some of the helmet padding to get it to fit in there, but its pretty hidden. It only activates after I set it (once both staged) so it will only react to the next “brightness”. (snip)

This part is particularly intriguing to me. Does anyone think this would work? Does anyone think this would not work?

And it leads me to another question. During the many practice tree races that I see advertised, what kind of reaction time averages get posted? Are they as good or nearly as good as the ones seen in actual in car competition? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Some people just like stirring The pot ! I’ve got a laser light reader That gives you trip zip lights every time, really it works ....LOL Laughing Hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slick Vic:
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
Lets see...you can always take out one of your eyes and replace it with a glass eye that has a light sensor built in. Have the fake eye sensor use a Bluetooth connection to the transbrake connection (you can use a fake button to not draw attention) Then install it in an EV that runs the number every time...and you got a winner

I can't believe you would be so insensitive to one eyed racers like the legend Danny Bastianelli. He will now have to go to his safe space due to your very offensive comments. Although not purposely done to win races, i know he will only show you his wooden eye after going 200 mph in the shutdown and $20 to pop it out.

Ahhhh Haaa...So now we have a suspect... Big Grin

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Some people just like stirring The pot ! I’ve got a laser light reader That gives you trip zip lights every time, really it works ....LOL Laughing Hard

Just a second. Speaking of laser pointers, could one be pointed into the sensor in the opponent's lane, and used to manipulate the opponent's reaction time? Maybe even from up in the stands or against the fence, aligned with the starting line? Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
quote:
posted March 22, 2019 06:45 PMHide Postquote:Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:Many cars today are very consistent. The light sensor is where it is happening if it is at all and there are good engineers that could set this up. Name these engineers, and any racers who are using these systems......or quit spreading lies.

Where do you get spreading lies??? I said if it is happening at all. And if you think this could not be done, you probably, well I will leave it there.

Name these "good engineers who can set this up" that you say exist. Good racers who can hit the tree get accused of cheating all the time because people like you "know engineers who can set this up".

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
During the many practice tree races that I see advertised, what kind of reaction time averages get posted? Are they as good or nearly as good as the ones seen in actual in car competition? Take care. Tom Worthington

Here are my results from Holston's Practice Tree Showdown in February. The format was a little different than most: they did best 2 out of 3, which was really fun. All of these hits are bottom bulb. I won the bottom bulb shootout, got thumped by a 10 year old kid first round of the top bulb shootout, and got down to 8 in the top bulb main event. The final round was two other bottom-bulbers!

Donnie Hagar (left) set Randy Biddle, Jr down in the finals in two hits: .002, .003!

WFC Shootout (Bottom Bulb, 2 Entries Max)
1 .000 W .005 W
2 .007 W -.010L .008 W
3 .001 W .004 W
4 .016 -.002 BYE
5 .-.002 .000 .016
6 .015 .014 WIN!

ST PATTY'S SHOOTOUT
1 .004 W .003 L -.008 L

MAIN EVENT (4 Entries Max) - 264 Entries
1 .012 .018
1x .001 .008
1xx .005 .005
1xxx .004 L .-.001 L
2 .015 -.002 W
2x .010 .000 W
2xx .013 tie -.004 -.002 L
2xxx .015 L .005 W -.008 L
3 .005 .007
3x .015 -.001 L
4 .011 .001 .004
5 .001 Tie .005 .011
6 .012 L .005 .006
7 .011 .011 .015

.008 Green light AVG
-.010 QUICKEST
.018 SLOWEST
.028 SPREAD

There are numerous guys better than me at these deals. There are more variables involved in real-world competition, so you typically don't see these kind of numbers, but it's far from impossible. There are several guys who can and do hit the bottom at real-world big money bracket races. Randy Biddle, Jr. has a couple of runner-ups, Kevin Pollard has footbraked to numerous top bulb big money final rounds. Nick Hastings will hit anything, anytime, any way: he lost low gear halfway through eliminations en-route to his ATI BIGFOOT $40K win last year! Quite frankly, I'd rather footbrake against the average top-bulber than race guys like these off the bottom!

I can throw a basketball at a hoop for a half hour and be lucky to hit one. Professionals can drain 3-pointers on a regular basis... that doesn't mean they're cheating.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Woodrow you once mentioned on here that you at one time hid something in your race car that was not supposed to be there. Care to mention that again. By the way I raced with you in NC years ago. Wink

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Woodrow you once mentioned on here that you at one time hid something in your race car that was not supposed to be there. Care to mention that again. By the way I raced with you in NC years ago. Wink

I never had anything against the rules . (I always had a gun in my car but didn't use it to win races) I used to have an unnamed device that stopped my tach at a certain point in the run. The reading on the tach would indicate how fast or slow I was going. NHRA added wording in the rule book that made this illegal so I removed it. I also had a sensors on my right front wheel and drive shaft (for data acquisition) but removed them when they were outlawed. Everything (except the gun) was in plain sight with no attempt to be hidden. I had a 2 hour "teardown" at a hick track after winning a $4K race that involved all kinds of stupid stuff including removing the tail housing from my transmission. "They" thought I had something picking up the tree. I threatened them with an attorney after they didn't find anything. They paid me $500 extra and had me sign a waiver. (apparently they'd done this before.

Why did "they" think I had something picking up the tree? I had decent lights, but nothing superhuman. At 5 cars I was running one of the local "favorites". When I was in the water box the starter walked over and had a conversation with my opponent, then walked away laughing. I figured he was going to either be really quick or really slow on the tree. I took 1 second out of my box and decided to leave on the bottom. I was .512 to my opponents .550 after the tree was held what seemed like forever. I had the bye at 3 and did the same thing. (left off the bottom). The tree was really quick, almost the instant I staged. I was .520. The tree was normal in the final but I was .500 (on the bottom, yes, lucky) and won. "They" watched me and said I was just holding the transbrake button until after the car left. LOL