DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    National Verses Divisional Win $$$
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Verses Divisional Win $$$
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
NHRA National win in 2022 in Super Gas is $1,800 for a $340 entry fee. NHRA Divisional win in Super Gas in D-7 is $2,000 for a $200 entry fee. I like 10 to 1 much better than 5 to 1. Maybe it's time for NHRA to raise there National purse? How about $3,400 for a National win! In 1995 a National win was $1,800. Times are a changing! Hope NHRA does!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yea right... Try Div 3 pay-outs vs entry, everyone knows its a loosing battle but the Wally....makes it all worth it Roll Eyes

I wander how they make payroll for Cali???

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NHRA Sportsman/Class racing was never about the winner's purse and was always about the Wally, competing against the best of the best. Nothing has changed or will except the cost to compete.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
D4 is $200 for $2000/1000

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it is necessarily the best of the best racers.
One guy has won the first two National events in Stock Eliminator and his average reaction time is .050+.
That won't work at 99% of the bracket races around the country.
That is why I like Class Racing.It is possible to win with less than stellar performance.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree they are the best of the best that entered that event, nothing more, nothing less.

Wallys are cool, got a few but in the end I would rather line up with 300 racers ready to beat the hell out of each other with great packages, great payouts and do it one day at a time.

I respect the racers who follow the NHRA trail of high entry fee money/ sadly weak payouts, but can't see where it was more difficult to win than a solid $5000 bracket race. Just costs a lot more to enter, $200.00 to hang around for three days and get treated like the red-headed step-child.

National or Divisional wins were worth a LOT more money 10-15 years ago when there was real contingency money involved. 2000 NHRA national event was worth about $12,000 with contingencies that actually paid and the three Divisionals I won each paid about $4000.00 after contingencies.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
quote:
NHRA Sportsman/Class racing was never about the winner's purse

It was in 1990.

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
$200/$340 entry fee to wait around for 3 days. Nope, I'll double enter at 2/3 day bracket races. You can keep the little man.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can keep the little man.

X2, can’t take it to the bank

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
D4 is $200 for $2000/1000

Smart move racing in D4
Comp buddies headed there...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:

It was in 1990.

LMAO!
That's awesome!!!

I have a lot respect for class racers.....90 classes are cool too.

The payouts should be commensurate with the times; it would be better for the sport all around.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Damn sure was about the $$

In 1988 when I won a National event I pretty much won more money than I had in the car and could have won a good bit more if I had been stickered up better

I had Suburban and an open trailer that I paid $1200-$1300 for brand new

NHRA paid $1800 I think it was for a National win and the entry was around $150

A Division race paid $1000 and entry was around $40-$50

The contingency program was huge at most events.......

You could easily have 30+ paying decals and well more if you really worked at it

A Division win could pay $4000-$5000

A Major National win could pay $15 grand, maybe more...

Ask Dan Fletcher or the Richardsons.....They cashed a lot of checks !

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Damn sure was about the $$

In 1988 when I won a National event I pretty much won more money than I had in the car and could have won a good bit more if I had been stickered up better

I had Suburban and an open trailer that I paid $1200-$1300 for brand new

NHRA paid $1800 I think it was for a National win and the entry was around $150

A Division race paid $1000 and entry was around $40-$50

The contingency program was huge at most events.......

You could easily have 30+ paying decals and well more if you really worked at it

A Division win could pay $4000-$5000

A Major National win could pay $15 grand, maybe more...

Ask Dan Fletcher or the Richardsons.....They cashed a lot of checks !

Yep,at one time,I think I had 40 decals on the car.Ran out of room for all of them.By the time I won a few National events,it was down to 20.Now,less than 10.

I usually went to 5 or 6 National events a year.

Right now,planning on 2,but that may change.

Travel costs and poor payouts have really made it not practical.

There are independent association races that make much more sense to attend with the same caliber of competition.

Here is a good analogy:

If you play the lottery, it is not likely that you will win,but if you do,the million or more in prize money is what keeps you playing.

If the lottery had a top prize of $10,would you bother paying $1 every week just for the sake of trying to win?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bracket racing nor class racing has ever been about the $ for me and those that are smart. Most never win and few win often. If you’re doing this for the $, you’re in trouble. Winning $1,800 on occasion or $18,000 once or twice every decade ain’t going to cover my expenses nor the expenses of any serious racer, not when a new turnkey dragster is $100k and more and a new professionally built turnkey back half door car is $75k and more.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Low payouts are bad for the sport as a whole.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
what you all are forgetting[or leaving out]is the national event round money.3rd round loss pays $300,most of your entry back. Same rnd at div.$50 if you're lucky. Agree it's still to low but we all can't be the winner and every little bit helps!

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
3rd round loss was paying $300.00 when the entry fee for car, driver and crew person was $160.00!
WHAT HAPPENED?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Board of Directors overhead and lack of fans, show simply takes to long, period. Just my opinion.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:

It was in 1990.
I should of started sooner. Pomona winners check for T/D i got 1395.00. What a let down.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dirtdobber:
what you all are forgetting[or leaving out]is the national event round money.3rd round loss pays $300,most of your entry back. Same rnd at div.$50 if you're lucky. Agree it's still to low but we all can't be the winner and every little bit helps!
Semi in Phoenix at the Nations in T/D and i got 500.00

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post