DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    National Verses Divisional Win $$$
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Verses Divisional Win $$$
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
It was in 1990.[/QUOTE] I should of started sooner. Pomona winners check for T/D i got 1395.00. What a let down.[/QUOTE]

Geez that's pitiful....beyond pitiful.....

Running their events just keeps getting worse and worse if they cut the purse to the winners !

Congrats anyway on the win....I was watching it on NHRA TV

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Thanks SCIV1 i felt better about my performance in Phoenix at the Nationals than Pomona. But i guess a win is a win.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
$1395, dang. PDRA has to be better..

Posts: 295 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
PDRA is way better but the travel there would kill me.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:

PDRA is the best!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:
NHRA Sportsman/Class racing was never about the winner's purse

It was in 1990.
I should of started sooner. Pomona winners check for T/D i got 1395.00. What a let down.

Defiantly chump change but the Winternats Wally and the memory is priceless

Posts: 2493 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:
NHRA Sportsman/Class racing was never about the winner's purse

It was in 1990.
I should of started sooner. Pomona winners check for T/D i got 1395.00. What a let down.

Defiantly chump change but the Winternats Wally and the memory is priceless

I was standing there with Brenda. Pretty cool! Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4568 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Brenda was more nervous and excited than i was.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brenda was more nervous and excited than i was.

She didn’t see the red! I’m yelling; you won! She’s like what? Not worthy Laughing Hard

She was locked in on you!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4568 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
You can keep the little man.

X2, can’t take it to the bank

Unless you sell the "Little Man" on eBay for $200+ each... Roll Eyes

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 164 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Seriously the NHRA Nat`l Event purse and contingencies is a joke compared to years past. In 2001 I was runner up in Stock at the Mile Highs, $1000 purse with $3600 in contingency money. In 2018 I was again runner up in Stock at the Mile Highs, again $1000 purse but this time $500 in contingency money. We don`t run those events for the extra possible cash flow.

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 164 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
so you had 5 contingency decals on your car and that's the NHRA's fault? Roll Eyes the joke is you!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I should of started sooner. Pomona winners check for T/D i got 1395.00. What a let down.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! Back then a complete S/C dragster cost less than your transmission. Our entry was 1/2 of today and the total $ won much higher. There were many guys that funded their operation from their winnings. And quite a few pro/sportsman.
The thing that has remained the same is they still treat the sportsmen like dirt. They will continue to do so as long as there are full quotas and they make the guys have 6-8 grade points to get in. Imagine how much $ NHRA makes with the grade point deal and quotas. You have to spend $1,600 plus expenses just to get in a National.

Posts: 111 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
As it should be! You have to earn your way into the most prestigious events in drag racing, it’s not a right and not a place you want to see the broke dycks competing with their cut up shyt boxes. They can’t even afford the safety equipment required to compete.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have never raced a national. I hear a lot of "they treat sportsman like chit" ......can you elaborate? What are the common issues?

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
You can keep the little man.

X2, can’t take it to the bank

Unless you sell the "Little Man" on eBay for $200+ each... Roll Eyes

Sounds great but how much after the final value fee (as much as 12.9% sellers), insertion fee, payment fee (Paypal), any other fees for account maintenance, 1099-K at end of year………. Frown

Posts: 2563 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
I have never raced a national. I hear a lot of "they treat sportsman like chit" ......can you elaborate? What are the common issues?

Well my son and I have and I too would like to hear the elaboration.

We go knowing that we are not the show. We go knowing that we will not get prime parking. We go knowing that they may change the run schedule and/or cut out time shots. We go knowing they may keep us there another day and run us on Monday. We go knowing that they will DQ us from the event for many things that are acceptable in bracket racing. We go knowing that despite their best efforts the track may be junk after a heavy rain yet they will run us and WE all still go because it’s all about winning the most coveted prize in drag racing…the NHRA NATIONAL EVENT WALLY!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What used to be neat when you won a National event was the write up in National Dragster.

Anybody see the new National Dragster?

(I know that there are very few members here)

Now,there is only one page per class with a couple of photos.

Posts: 1171 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The people that complain the loudest are the ones that don’t compete in this venue and/or have never won a National event. Didn't think of that We’ve got the write up and video of our win.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
The people that complain the loudest are the ones that don’t compete in this venue and/or have never won a National event. Didn't think of that We’ve got the write up and video of our win.

Not sure if you are referring to me.

I will still attend a couple of National events,but the economics of going to 6 or more is not what I would call a wise financial decision.

And I have write ups of all of my 3 National event wins,as well as my 3 National event Runner Ups.Got videos too.

Posts: 1171 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post