DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    National Verses Divisional Win $$$
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Verses Divisional Win $$$
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
And so does every winner. Makes perfect sense if you what to be a world champion too.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify not that it really matters but it is a Big Wally not a little Wally. I did already receive a good size check from Edelbrock thanks to Billy Carroll.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Of course it is and it does matter

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
so you had 5 contingency decals on your car and that's the NHRA's fault? Roll Eyes the joke is you!
Hey i resemble that remark. I thinks i only had 6 stickers.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s on you, I’ve got 30 and they all pay. That’s $9,000 right there in contingency for a National Event win.

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
That’s on you, I’ve got 30 and they all pay. That’s $9,000 right there in contingency for a National Event win.
Yes i know and i accept it just like my first round loss at the Phoenix Divisional. I would like to blame it on the car but it was all me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: T/D6591,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Business 101, you don’t leave money on the table. Wink

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
On a good note i didn't kill any cones.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Of course you didn’t, that’s not the intent of this game, except for one delusional retard in Florida that can’t keep his POS in his lane/in the groove.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
quote:
NHRA Sportsman/Class racing was never about the winner's purse

It was in 1990.
I should of started sooner. Pomona winners check for T/D i got 1395.00. What a let down.

How did they come up with $1395?

I thought winner was $1500.

Correction: I thought Top Dragster National Event win was $2,000?
Did they cut the 2022 payouts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 442OLDS,

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
It was 1500.00 minus the 105.00 for the state of California. Sad that the Divisional pays more for less entry.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was 1500.00 minus the 105.00 for the state of California. Sad that the Divisional pays more for less entry.

I pulled up a flyer from the 2021 Sportsnationals and it showed the Top Dragster payout as $2,000.
I'm surprised that the Winternationals payout was different.
And they took the taxes on the spot? What a state.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:

I pulled up a flyer from the 2021 Sportsnationals and it showed the Top Dragster payout as $2,000.
I'm surprised that the Winternationals payout was different.
And they took the taxes on the spot? What a state.

They were doing that at Great Lakes Dragaway back in the 90s. The check for my first $5k win was a few hundred light because of Wisconsin state taxes. I don’t recall if I filed something to get it back or not.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It is a shame the payouts on a national event level haven't remained commensurate with the times.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no one cares that actually competes at a national event, based on the quotas filling for each class at most every event, so why do you? Roll Eyes

https://www.nhraeventreg.com/ListEventStatus.asp

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Because I have an opinion and this is an open forum. So pound sand.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Because I have an opinion and this is an open forum. So pound sand.

LOL!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2699 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
your opinion is meaningless, spouting off about shyt you don't have a clue about! Spitting

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Chicken Little, have you, actually competed at a National Event. With you physically racing against a competitor in the other lane.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2699 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Chicken Little, have you, actually competed at a National Event. With you physically racing against a competitor in the other lane.

I'll take your silence as no. I'll make it simpler for you, insert Divisional in above statement.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436