New
Find
Notify
Tools

EV's EXPLODING
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Florida warns about hurricane-damaged electric vehicles...

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
So far my experience has been that commuting with a tesla costs about 8x less in gas then the Tahoe I had before. It's considerably more simple and convenient to plug in and charge from home then going to a gas station and waiting for a pump, fling up and going about my way. Instead it takes me like and extra 5 seconds when getting out of my car at home from work to plug in, and I'm done. I don't sit there and wait for it to charge. When I get up in the morning it's all ready, full tank and off I go again.

My wife used it the other day because she had to work in San Francisco, 60 miles and 2 hours away, it took 20% of the battery to get there. Total round trip was 38% battery use on a 4 1/2 round trip. That trip cost a whopping $8. Gas here is $6 - $6.50 a gallon. How many gas cars are able to drive in commute traffic for 4 1/2 hours, 120 miles on a gallon and quarter?

Just sayin, I thought teslas were stupid too a couple years ago. But as a commuter car, I wouldn't have anything else at this point. And I'll bet most everyone under 60 will own one in their lifetime.

How are you figuring the electric consumption?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
So far my experience has been that commuting with a tesla costs about 8x less in gas then the Tahoe I had before. It's considerably more simple and convenient to plug in and charge from home then going to a gas station and waiting for a pump, fling up and going about my way. Instead it takes me like and extra 5 seconds when getting out of my car at home from work to plug in, and I'm done. I don't sit there and wait for it to charge. When I get up in the morning it's all ready, full tank and off I go again.

My wife used it the other day because she had to work in San Francisco, 60 miles and 2 hours away, it took 20% of the battery to get there. Total round trip was 38% battery use on a 4 1/2 round trip. That trip cost a whopping $8. Gas here is $6 - $6.50 a gallon. How many gas cars are able to drive in commute traffic for 4 1/2 hours, 120 miles on a gallon and quarter?

Just sayin, I thought teslas were stupid too a couple years ago. But as a commuter car, I wouldn't have anything else at this point. And I'll bet most everyone under 60 will own one in their lifetime.

How are you figuring the electric consumption?

It's part of the Tesla app that you use for everything on these cars. You input your electric rate plan, that tells the app what rate to figure electricity costs at, at different times and locations. Then the car knows how many kwh you put in each time. It's very very simple. If I could post pictures on here I could post a screen shot of the app and you could see how simple it is. Yesterday cost me $3 for my commute, 50 miles round trip, and that's with me driving and playing, it's a low 11 second car that goes 0-60 in 3 seconds flat, it's hard to not play at least a little bit lol

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
↑↑↑↑↑↑

That's one of the many reasons that I was against Atco Dragway becoming a salvage yard.
Im less than a mile as the crow flies but continuously wooded connection to my property. With high winds that we get here anything is possible. There are many properties that would be in danger before me but we all rely on well water.

I'll stick with Traxxas EVs!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post