Notify
Tools

EV's EXPLODING
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Spot on

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:

I have roof mounted solar, and it saves me $9,000 a year from paying PG&E....

$9,000 per year = $750 per month. So your power bill was $750 per month? WTF? I live in Georgia where it gets plenty hot, I live in a 4BR/3 bath house that's fairly large, I like it plenty cool and I run my A/C like crazy, and it's rare that I get a power bill over $200.

I guess if you live somewhere that gas is $7 per gallon, $750 per month for power doesn't seem unreasonable.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:

I have roof mounted solar, and it saves me $9,000 a year from paying PG&E....

$9,000 per year = $750 per month. So your power bill was $750 per month? WTF? I live in Georgia where it gets plenty hot, I live in a 4BR/3 bath house that's fairly large, I like it plenty cool and I run my A/C like crazy, and it's rare that I get a power bill over $200.

I guess if you live somewhere that gas is $7 per gallon, $750 per month for power doesn't seem unreasonable.

Yes, our low month bills were roughly $650 and high months were just under $1,000. And that was a year and a half ago, rates have gone up significantly since then.

Peak rate here is $0.56 /kwh.

And yes, gas is $6.50+ a gallon right now

Having a tesla has cost me $700 less in gas in 1 month then having the Tahoe it replaced.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Will,
Different parts of the country are susceptible to different weather and conditions and businesses.
I'm just stating facts from my close friend that is on the road 10 - 12 hours 7 days a week towing/rescuing stranded EV drivers here in CT all for dead batteries.

As far as solar panels, every person I know here in CT regrets getting them and NEVER sees anything close to the benefits the companies promised them.
The 2 companies that came to my house this summer (PosiGen and SunRun) couldn't leave fast enough because I was adamant about saving $$$, not just to do it for the sake of doing it.

Same thing goes for the Geothermal nonsense.
It does NOT work, at least around here.
My immediate neighbor (housing contract) put it in when he built his house. $70,000 (which to me can buy a heck of a lot of oil even at todays prices). Didn't work, it was constantly running on the heat pump(i.e. electric) in the cold months, roughly $1500 per month, this was 10 years ago. He even had the manufacturer come to his house to check it over. He spent ANOTHER $70,000 for changes and upgrades per the manufacturer. Guess what, a year later he put in an oil fired furnace.

Point is Will, maybe it can work for some folks BUT to think that EVERYONE will be able to utilize it is nonsense.

If it works for you that's great, around here they fail miserably.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Correct. I have friends who live in big cities, where there is no doubt in my mind they benefit by having an Electric Vehicle. However, living in the country and towing 100-150 miles 1 way to race, it is simply not in the cards.

There was recently a comparison in Colorado between an EV F150 and a Gas F150 (Gas F150 was the larger engine, which I think was intended to show a lesser gap personally).

Anyway they towed I want to say a 6,000 lb travel trailer. Both had same trailer, both followed eachother down the interstate, and the EV only made it about 100 miles before needing to be recharged.

When they started out, the EV had a claimed range of around 250-300. The larger engined F150 drove to where the EV ran out of charge, and all the way back to where they came from before needing to refuel.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bottomline is I will never own one and neither will the majority of Americans 45 and older which accounts for 42% of the population in this country.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
AND... If you do decide to park it in the garage.
DON'T

. Wait till you see the "Driver less Semi" going down the road with 80K Lbs. Run for your life.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've followed a guy podcasts for 20 years, he said 20 years ago electric cars and climate change are a means they'll use to tax you for the air you breath eventually.

Subsistence existence.

He said the electric cars would catch of fire 20 years ago.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I listened to an old podcast from him last night four hours while working on an engine, titled *Tales From the Script*.

Incredible what that man knew (past tense). He called it all beforehand.

Always a clever title.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
lol I can just imagine. Looks like the Trooper isn't too happy. Get this junk off the road.

Capitol U as in UGLY too.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022.../#Echobox=1665668433

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Electronic cars and global warming, the con will go down the same as the injections.

Same types of paid prostitute's propaganda on the boob tube.

The more convincing, the better they're paid for their *tricks*.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
The good news is the vast majority of EV owners are liberal douche bag democrats who deserve to be stranded on the side of the road, crying for help

^^^^^^Ed KNOWS!!!!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Seeing a lot more of them here in Colorado too. It's funny headed home from work seeing one on the shoulder, creeping along with their hazards on because they are almost dead......have to laugh. Mountains compound the discharge rate because of load....add to that cold weather.....it all adds up....Inner city I can understand, as it's more feasible there. But out here, NOPE. I'll keep my gas and diesel vehicles thank you.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This EV krap is getting almost funny. Last week driving south on Florida's turnpike between Orlando and Palm Beach saw 2 Tesla stranded along side the road (if you have ever driven this road its in the middle of east BFE) in 90+ degree heat. At the Ft Drum service plaza there were 5 EV's charging 1 for over 2 hours. These things are a krock of sheet. BTW, my gas powered truck gets 18+ GPM pulling my car trailer. Oh well.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
LOL.

Ya. Can't. Fix. Stupid.

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
I see more and more Teslas in our area every day. Roll Eyes

So tired of this crap being shoved down out throats.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No one is forcing anyone to buy an EV, that decision is all theirs!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No one forced you to take the clot shot, that decision was all yours!

The global warming and electronic car con will be the same!

They just did a study to find out what works on the minds of the mass man!

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No one is forcing anyone to buy an EV, that decision is all theirs!

Many of the auto manufacturers are on board with the EV stuff and of those, many have announced the end of internal combustion models in the near future. It will get to the point where we won’t have a choice.

That is shoving their agenda down our throats.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not true, the only major auto manufacture that has committed to an all electric fleet is GM with a goal of 2035 and their statement is driven by the current political climate as are the other auto makers statements and ambitious plans. The political climate in this country will change in the next 13 years as will views about the practical daily usage and real cost of EVs. What will change too is the CEOs of these companies and if the world is at war, no one will care about the environment nor that GMs CEO is a woman as well half their board of directors. In the meantime, I ain’t worried about the environment, I ain’t ever going to own an EV and I’m confident I will still have a choice for the rest of my life.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,