Notify
Tools

EV's EXPLODING
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
How's that working out for you.
Just another reason why these vehicles are impractical.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/n...-after-hurricane-ian

Reasons why these do not work and can leave you stranded.
Let's see:
Can't use AC in the summer because it kills the batteries.
Can't use the heaters in the winter because it kills the batteries.
Can't drive over 200 miles (without heat or AC on) without having to stop for hours to charge, causing a 1 day drive to take many days.
Can't rent an apartment because no one is going to install the charging station at your residence.
Can't replace the batteries for less than THOUSANDS of $$$.
Can't get batteries so you will be without transportation.
No economical version exists, there is talk BUT try to take possession of one at that price.
Friends will HATE you because they know they will be paying for you cars "Tax Credit".
Can't get rid of old used up batteries anywhere.
Power outage and you go NOWHERE.
Rolling Blackouts, you go NOWHERE.

And the list goes on.

This is just like the Solar Panel BS.
Total crock of horse SH IT.
I had Sunrun and Posigen come to my house this summer (against my better judgement) and the cost was going to be $320 per MONTH, $20 - $25 more than I'm paying now per month.
Why would ANYONE pay more for something that gives you 0 benefit.
Not to mention, kills your roof (if that's where they put it).
I know here in CT Realtors HATE seeing Solar panels because it kills the home value by 10%, same as a swimming pool.
I don't get it.

Anyway, rant over.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The good news is the vast majority of EV owners are liberal douche bag democrats who deserve to be stranded on the side of the road, crying for help

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Winner winner chicken dinner ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
x3

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
X4

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
The good news is the vast majority of EV owners are liberal douche bag democrats who deserve to be stranded on the side of the road, crying for help

Finally!! Something we agree 100% on! LOL!!

There is a video of some Ft Meyers firefighters trying to put out a Tesla.... with their very limited water supply they finally pushed the car into a roadside ditch filled with water to extinguish it. We had one at work that we had to use a chain to drag it out of the homeowners garage and continually extinguish it. Took 4 hours till it finally stopped auto-re-igniting.

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
translation...x5

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
×6

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
x7 !!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Let those city folk drive the ev’s. And build power plants there too. Leaving us TF out of their problems would be just peachy with me

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Translation…x8

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
X9

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Damn it hate to say it x10.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
On vacation so late to the party but X 11

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
x20

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
X whatever, I lost count......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
X222 haha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
IF THEY THOUGHT WAGONS AND WAGON TRAINS WERE SLOW, WAIT TILL YOU TRAVEL 500 MILES BY ev. Also, I can't wait to hear the complaints from momma when she and the kids want to go to the lake and water ski. Grandson asked me this question as I tried to explain EV's.

Posts: 75 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenny Anderson:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Finally!! Something we agree 100% on! LOL!!

There is a video of some Ft Meyers firefighters trying to put out a Tesla.... with their very limited water supply they finally pushed the car into a roadside ditch filled with water to extinguish it. We had one at work that we had to use a chain to drag it out of the homeowners garage and continually extinguish it. Took 4 hours till it finally stopped auto-re-igniting.

The fire Chief in my town was telling me that they would need 10K gallons of water minimum to put out a EV fire.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
How's that working out for you.
Just another reason why these vehicles are impractical.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/n...-after-hurricane-ian

Reasons why these do not work and can leave you stranded.
Let's see:
Can't use AC in the summer because it kills the batteries.

(I use the ac every day, it was 114 here for months. Never a concern)

Can't use the heaters in the winter because it kills the batteries.

((Teslas can run the heater for a month straight on a single charge and still have battery left)

Can't drive over 200 miles (without heat or AC on) without having to stop for hours to charge, causing a 1 day drive to take many days.

(Just Saturday I drove 195 miles, in the mountains with a car full of people and stuff, with the ac on the whole time, and it used 68% of the battery left. Had it needed a charge at any point it's 20 minutes on a supercharger and I'm on my way again, after 250-300 miles of driving)

Can't rent an apartment because no one is going to install the charging station at your residence.

(I wouldn't suggest buying a $70k car if you live in an apartment)

Can't replace the batteries for less than THOUSANDS of $$$.
Can't get batteries so you will be without transportation.

(I can buy a very very low milage used vattery anytime I want for well under 5k, which is about the same Cost as a transmission overhaul in most cars. After 200,000- 300,000 miles, I'd be ok with that, which is the range most batteries tend to last. In teslas anyway.) Most batteries don't need full replacement either, most need a cell clipped or a module replaced at most, which is hundreds of dollars.. not 22k lol)

No economical version exists, there is talk BUT try to take possession of one at that price.

(Ehh, all new cars are expensive, nice ones anyway)

Friends will HATE you because they know they will be paying for you cars "Tax Credit".

(100% of new teslas recieve $0 in tax credits)

Can't get rid of old used up batteries anywhere.

(Sure you can, tesla takes them to their recycling plant and reuses the precious elements.)

Power outage and you go NOWHERE.
Rolling Blackouts, you go NOWHERE.

(I personally charge on Solar, so its really no concern.i know, you hate Solar too lol)

And the list goes on.

This is just like the Solar Panel BS.
Total crock of horse SH IT.
I had Sunrun and Posigen come to my house this summer (against my better judgement) and the cost was going to be $320 per MONTH, $20 - $25 more than I'm paying now per month.
Why would ANYONE pay more for something that gives you 0 benefit.
Not to mention, kills your roof (if that's where they put it).
I know here in CT Realtors HATE seeing Solar panels because it kills the home value by 10%, same as a swimming pool.
I don't get it.

)I have roof mounted solar, and it saves me $9,000 a year from paying PG&E.... )

Anyway, rant over.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post