DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well hear I go. I have to get started on this sometime and now is as good as any. We have our second q16 coming on the 29th of june. First I have to apologize for the poor running of the 1st one. There was a misunderstanding between norm and I and I believe it was mostly my fault. Norm thought I was running the show complete and I thought I was just helping with sponsorship and collecting the money, thus there was no run order,ladder or rules given to the racers only because he thought I was handling all of that. So now it's up to me to get all you racers and sponsors back. So, how do I do this. first norm has tightened up the running of the tcr and jr's and has also sped up the big cars. So this should greatly help to get the fast cars out much earlier. The starting line has been awesome all year and the top end will be addressed as well. I'am sure the timing problems are being corrected this week. there were 26 racers that entered the first one. that was unbelievable on such short notice. I will attempt to call all of the racers and sponsors to try to patch things up. I hope everyone understands what happened and can give it another shot. q16 really is some neat racing so help us make it work. thanks, the madman

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Madman... Your start would be being able to tell everyone that AccuTime has been to the track or worked with the track to correct the timing system issues that have been going on since the opening day. You will need to be able to prove that the timing system is fixed and that the ridiculous issues with the stage beams and the variances lane to lane have been fixed. Taking responsibility for the miscommunications and being able to tell them that it has been resolved is huge and a big stride forward. You may not get the volume back in the next 1 or 2 races but if Norm holds true to getting the timing system fixed properly and you can prove that your all business with the rest of the program, you will get people to venture back.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
I hate to see all these posts saying AccuTime timing system problem. There is a major difference between a timing issue and a track setup issue. When i read the posts about the difference between the lanes and the starter having to use his foot to triger the beams says its a track setup issue. Sounds like to me when the new concrete surface was put in the starting line beams were not re-setup correctly. There are many settings to get it right from beam height to RF frequency of the beams used to set the roll out. Any one of those not correct will cause major issue like i have been reading about. I Know Rusty from AccuTime very well and he is going to tell you the starting line beams are not setup correctly. I was the one who helped rusty put the system in there a few years ago and the starting line was perfect. Sounds like the setup is not correct on the starting line and needs gone over the right way. this can be a very complicated and time consuming process to get it within IHRA specs.

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turk:
I hate to see all these posts saying AccuTime timing system problem. There is a major difference between a timing issue and a track setup issue. When i read the posts about the difference between the lanes and the starter having to use his foot to triger the beams says its a track setup issue. Sounds like to me when the new concrete surface was put in the starting line beams were not re-setup correctly. There are many settings to get it right from beam height to RF frequency of the beams used to set the roll out. Any one of those not correct will cause major issue like i have been reading about. I Know Rusty from AccuTime very well and he is going to tell you the starting line beams are not setup correctly. I was the one who helped rusty put the system in there a few years ago and the starting line was perfect. Sounds like the setup is not correct on the starting line and needs gone over the right way.

Did they put all new sensors in or did they use the existing sensors and just update the tree and software?

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Shawn,

it was complete new system, from new tree to computer to new track wiring. The old compulink was removed completly. Event new spot boxes. The only thing that stayed was the scoreboards. New starting line sensors and sensors down track were replaced. To me it sounds like when the concrete got replaced the starting line is not squared anymore or the sensors heights are not correct. Many settings can cause what is happening. From the timing system stand point if the signal is making it to the sensors and back then its working. The track adjustment sides like roll out and sensor heights is whats causing your issues from reading the posts on here. So in this case its more track sensor settings and not per say a timing issue as its working.

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Your preaching to the choir on this one!! Several of us told him that over a month ago.

Ironic that you say all that was brand new wiring. According to the story that Kenn Sheiff told us down in the lanes, the wiring was so bad that the pigtail crumbled and fell apart in his hand and bare wires were just hanging. I wouldn't think that the brackets would be rusted out and the wiring to that point in a 3 year span. You see any issues like this at PRP? That is a year or 2 older than this system.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Turk,
Sorry for the uses of the term "timing system problem". But to the racers that seems to be the problem.

If in deed your very good friends with Rusty. Find out if QCMP have called him. whether its a problem with the starting line surface or the timing system. It needs fixed. Only way I see that happening is for Rusty & QCMP to get together and figure out the problem.

Someone needs to show them the proper way to set things up. And show them how all the functions of the system works. (Qualifing, laddering, etc.)

As Shawn said we where told connectors crumble in their hand. And had to sodder the conections back on. That seems weird.

Anyhow please give Rusty a call.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what wiring Ken was looking at but i assure you it was all new from the tower to the the starting line to down track on both sides. My back still huts from pulling all that wire. Norm spent alot of money on it. BUT i can tell you it was cut 2 times while we were there when they first dug out for the water issue. It was fixed by me and doug the second time and was put in sealed enclosures. So if Ken saw something rusted it had to be old speaker wire or junk that was not used anymore. When we repaired it we used clamp style jell filled snap connectors. So rusted pigtails was not for the timing system. Everything was new that first year. Can't say what has happened the last 2yrs so.

As to your other question Accutime is used all over the US at many racetracks. and yes we saw this same type of issue at PRP over the years and so have other tracks that don't do maintenance, and constantly check things. Adjustments go out and need to be checked. More so after big events shaking the starting line. Just like changing the oil in your car the roll out on the starting line should be checked monthly.

The problem i am reading about is all adjustment issues.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turk:
The problem i am reading about is all adjustment issues.

Dead on zero and probably some issue with how it is maintained.

You for hire??? Apparently when information is given for free over there about how to correct a problem then it must not be good. Maybe if someone charges him for this info and he has to spend money he will take it into consideration and act on it.

Thanks for the info on the wiring. Glad to know that it was all brand new and there should not be connectors or pigtails falling apart.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
VX96,

Its like anything else if time was not spent learning how to do it( Qualifing, laddering cars and classes ) then your going to get junk info out. There are actually 2 PC's in the tower, one for the main race and one to do the ladders and qualifying on. Its all windows based and very easy to do so it sounds like an operator issue if that info is not right. I heard there is a new computer operator this year, did anyone show or train him/her?

Shawn, somewhere on the website there was pics of us (Me Duke greg and Rusty) running the huge spool of new wire on the fork truck down the track.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That's what Shawn and I are saying. Someone needs to show them how to check, adjust, and maintain the timing system. And someone needs to teach them how all the functions of the system works.

Turk, as Shawn asked. Are you for hire? Just to show them this part of the game.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is the track going to be open Sat.6/15 for bracket racing? thanks in advance for the reply

Posts: 5 | Location: Brunswick Ohio | Registered: February 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
TURK...I have told them 3 weeks ago i new someone that would fix it...must be a ego thing or they just dont care all it is adjustment issues no one knows how to fix it you got to how it works before you can fix it
! STEWART....Hello Dave Crysler..

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I offered my services to fix the blinders. Get your guy. Maybe we should just show up and fix the stuff.

Dion Vickers

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
CONFUCIUS say:

Wise man recognize problems, ask for assistance from knowledgeable man to fix problems, thank man for helping, and make money

Dumbass let ego get in way, ignore problem, go out of business

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I always thought he said " Good to meet girl in park but better to park meat in girl". That may have been Yoda. I get them confused.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I always thought he said, "Man who drop watch in toilet, have sh1ty time."

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I always thought he said "Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I always thought he said "baseball wrong, man with four balls cannot walk"

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thought it was "woman who fly airplane upside down usually have crackup"

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post