DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
The one thing about all the #$%&^* rain, if someone out there, like Mr. Cline, wanted to join points, still plenty of opportunity, as we've only had 1 points day so far.

It's still Barry's fault about all the rain.

One points race huh....I might still give it a try Hum

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark D.
posted Hide Post
Ok All together now ,lets all stick our heads out the door and chant,
Rain,Rain go away,come again another day.....
Banging Head

Posts: 32 | Location: somewhere on the starting line | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just a thought guys and girls, PRP does listen to all your thoughts and suggestions. Especially management. If they didn't you wouldn't have what you have. ie all the races, even the big ones that you don't seem to like, the 2 wheel tuesday that they figured would'nt be that well attended but felt they could build on. Remember, this was for the bikes. Did you ever see anything like this in the past ? Constructive thoughts and critisism are always welcome but bashing is just a waste of everyones time. This is Greg's first year at the helm and with evrything he is doing (promoting, advertising, track manager) he is what is referred to as overwhelmed. Sure, there is going to bumps along the road, things you don't like, decisions you don't like, right or wrong but this is how you learn and grow and thats what he wants to do GROW! So please bear with us as we try to make a better place for you to race. AND keep those thoughts and suggestions coming. Also remember that if you don't get an immediate response back from Greg it's becase he is doing 4 jobs and is OVERWHELMED.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Keith, you have a PM.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Keith, Greg & Co.
Nice job on the track prep Friday nite. Everyone looked like they got from A to B on the first try. My suggestion would be to put a dome over the entire property. One way to keep the complaints down about something no one except Mr.Gore has control of.
Obviously.....

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
Just a thought guys and girls, PRP does listen to all your thoughts and suggestions. Especially management. If they didn't you wouldn't have what you have. ie all the races, even the big ones that you don't seem to like, the 2 wheel tuesday that they figured would'nt be that well attended but felt they could build on. Remember, this was for the bikes. Did you ever see anything like this in the past ? Constructive thoughts and critisism are always welcome but bashing is just a waste of everyones time.

Thanks for the post Keith.

The two Wheeled Tuesday's can be a good idea. I have rounded up a few suggestions gathered from someof the other bike guys. Jordan, Mike, others, please feel free to add or comment as you see fit.

-Perhaps starting at 5:30 and going to 8:30 would be best. If the lights are not going to be turned on, I would think that could be a practical option. Gates open at 5, starting at 5:30, done at 8:30.

-During track rentals, at least during the two that I have attended, the vehicle numbers (diaplayed on the right side) are entered from the tower and the time slips are "self gathered" Perhaps this would allow for lower cost to the track (reducing the number of track workers needed by 2, ticket booth and someone to work the lane.) Since there is really only one class, just having an open lane / water box and having the bikes line up and go as they wish may make the program a little smoother. Possibly could even put the lights on autostart and just have one "attendant" in the starting line area to tend to the water box (which only needs minimal attention for bikes) and check the track occasionally.

-Traction can be an issue for those of us with high horsepower bikes. At least two of us with more than 300 hp and a Harley rider with more than 200hp sometimes have traction issues even when using the stickiest street tires made. If the cost to do so is made available, and if the track is willing to do so, we would likely pay additional money to have one groove in one of the lanes prepped more throughly. Just a thought that at least three of us have duscussed.

John Gover

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Andamo. You have a PM

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
Just a thought guys and girls, PRP does listen to all your thoughts and suggestions. Especially management. If they didn't you wouldn't have what you have. ie all the races, even the big ones that you don't seem to like, the 2 wheel tuesday that they figured would'nt be that well attended but felt they could build on. Remember, this was for the bikes. Did you ever see anything like this in the past ? Constructive thoughts and critisism are always welcome but bashing is just a waste of everyones time.

Thanks for the post Keith.

The two Wheeled Tuesday's can be a good idea. I have rounded up a few suggestions gathered from someof the other bike guys. Jordan, Mike, others, please feel free to add or comment as you see fit.

-Perhaps starting at 5:30 and going to 8:30 would be best. If the lights are not going to be turned on, I would think that could be a practical option. Gates open at 5, starting at 5:30, done at 8:30.

-During track rentals, at least during the two that I have attended, the vehicle numbers (diaplayed on the right side) are entered from the tower and the time slips are "self gathered" Perhaps this would allow for lower cost to the track (reducing the number of track workers needed by 2, ticket booth and someone to work the lane.) Since there is really only one class, just having an open lane / water box and having the bikes line up and go as they wish may make the program a little smoother. Possibly could even put the lights on autostart and just have one "attendant" in the starting line area to tend to the water box (which only needs minimal attention for bikes) and check the track occasionally.

-Traction can be an issue for those of us with high horsepower bikes. At least two of us with more than 300 hp and a Harley rider with more than 200hp sometimes have traction issues even when using the stickiest street tires made. If the cost to do so is made available, and if the track is willing to do so, we would likely pay additional money to have one groove in one of the lanes prepped more throughly. Just a thought that at least three of us have duscussed.

John Gover

John, I will present your ideas to Greg.It is hard for the tower to see numbers most of the time. That is why we use a car (bike) caller. We can certainly cut down on a couple employee's but we have to be carefull incase we have a problem (oildown)that we don't half kill the employees that are there trying to take care of it. Letting people get there own timeslips create another problem where time slips get lost or they build up and someone inadvertanly takes off with a half dozen runs. But we will discuss this. There should always be a "starter" present if nothing else to wipe up any drops of oil that may appear. Plus unless i'm mistaken, the switch needs to be thrown. I'm at a loss about the traction. The track was broomed, blown and sprayed the same as raceday as Greg wants us to do. It was plenty sticky so was it maybe lack of rubber that the cars normally put down? Do you have a problem on Thursday test and tunes or Saturday race day? Come talk to me and we'll try to get this figured out. Hope I have been some help. As I was typing this I have heavy rain, thunder AND lightning. We just can't catch a break. It is extreamly frustrating to all of us.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I would like to make one more comment and then I'm finished on this topic. I need to apologize to Greg and Mike T. Greg, you have a tough job, and I really don't think anyone knows how difficult it can be to
actually make a profit at that place, let alone try. If I had known what I had previously stated here would be considered by some to be bashing the track or Greg, obviously I never would have said anything.

I feel terrible knowing that you guys thought that I was attacking PRP. I think that I have been and still aspire to be the Tedesco's number one supporter(Along with a bunch of other guys). This internet forum stuff can be taxing and I know it's hard not to read it. This episode got so blown out of proportion, that I couldn't get up there fast enough yesterday to tell you how regrettful I was.

One more point then off to take nap. Greg, I want you to know that when someone offers up advice, criticism, or suggestions, 99% of the time it's being done for the betterment of the track, or to try and make your job easier. There's not one racer up there that doesn't want the track to be successful, ESPECIALLY me.

In closing, I'd just like to reiterate how sorry I am and if there is ever, EVER, anything you need that I can help you or Mike or anyone else for that matter with, don't hesitate to ask. Peace out

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Blackdog82 you have a PM

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
All this rain couldn't stop some of us from having a good time and a little friendly competition.

Big Chucky might want to stick with bowling, my man can throw some strikes.

AJ was throwing a 16lb ball 45 mph

Bri upset after she missed the spare

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, wouldn't they let you wear your boots?

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
sure am hopein for a dry weekend for the Q16.hopper says it;s time to spray the mustang and see what's got.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
im looking for a msd 3400 or 3500 pill,
does anyone happen to have one laying around?
jeff

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I have big blue balls... I mean, I used a big blue ball. To bowl.

You believe that, Josh? They wouldn't. I think that's why I had so many open frames. I should have had some more strikes in the last game, but had 4-5 straight 9s, and missed the spare 2-3 times. DOH! Maybe the boots would have helped me pick them up. And Bri looks like she may be doing the Chicken dance. Big Grin

Jeff, I'll look, but I think mine are all on the thousand even mark.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Well, Eric, another week goes by because of the @#$&^%$#@ rain... points on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend, hopefully the forecast improves as the week goes on.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
im looking for a msd 3400 or 3500 pill,
does anyone happen to have one laying around?
jeff

If there is a radioshack near you you can go and get a 2200 ohm resistor (2.2k ohm) and stick it in holes for the pill (or take a pill apart and re-solder the 2200 ohm resistor in). That should give you approximately 3300 rpm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Gover,

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks chuck,
i have a 3000 in it now and my next pill is 4100.

never heard of the resistor thing, i always thought they were zeiner diodes. i know back in the day i used a zeiner diode to get a shift light to function at a certain rpm.

im gonna put more fuel to it this weekend, ( i think im on the lean side) and would like to raise the 2 step a little more.
just wanna go faster now Big Grin
but it is pretty consistant in the crappy weather we have been having.
last 4 passes were 10.227, 10.246, 10.246 and friday at prp it ran a 10.232
launching at 3000, shift at 6600 and crossing the finish at 6600

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This is a whole list of resistor values to use for different rpm. Also gives some insight on how to modify the "pills".

John

www.sstang.com/techfiles/pill_rework.pdf

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any details about the
"Stoplight Drags" for this Friday? Is it 1/4 mile, just started from a stoplight? Do you still get timeslips?