Find
Notify
Tools

powerglide case
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I run a JW case and bell. Works for me. Took them both up to JW for the recert and they treated me like a king. Way better than a blanket or shield...yeah, JW stuff is a little heavier than the others, but not enough to matter.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
I've been racing with stock cases with blanket from Rossler for years at 9.0-9.1s - what are the advantages other than strength. Never broke a case or anything.

Never broken one myself ,but have seen done. Never had major surgery or heart attack,but still carry insurance. In door car may not be biggest issue.In front engine deal like roadster of my case FED its huge. Door car still has trans beside you just little more hidden unless its in driver compartment.

Hoping to get either Reid,ATI or FTI two piece soon. Have JW now and man it is heavy.Will shave 20 lbs between case and bell.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I run a JW case and bell. Works for me. Took them both up to JW for the recert and they treated me like a king. Way better than a blanket or shield...yeah, JW stuff is a little heavier than the others, but not enough to matter.

Was told around 15 to 20 lbs depending on application. But it is thick case where my feet are.LOL

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Hoping to get either Reid,ATI or FTI two piece soon. Have JW now and man it is heavy.Will shave 20 lbs between case and bell.

Last time I checked, and it's been a while, there is only about a 10 lb or less difference. JW is heavier though. I think a complete long tail trans with Reid case comes in at 108lbs (ish), and the jw at 115(ish)....Again, not 100% certain

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
me either. Differance maybe in BBC vs Hemi on bell. Case would be same but still HEAVY and while its brackets and every .005 don't mean crap,it does to me.Too long running heads up stuff I guess.Plus according to old 100=.1,10=.010 .