DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Remote Locks for 2016 Dodge 3500
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remote Locks for 2016 Dodge 3500
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
When I purchased my 2016 Dodge new from the dealer, it did not have remote door locks. I would like to add these so who makes a kit and how difficult is it to install. Can I buy these from a salvage yard from the same year Dodge?

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Plan on having the computer programmed for it as well. When I bought my 2016 it came with regular power and heated mirrors. I bought the tow power and heated mirrors from the dealer and installed them myself.The dealer then had to program for the new mirrors even though all the wiring was there when it was built but the mirror had a additional light and wouldn't work properly.

Posts: 294 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
You can put a viper remote door lock kit on it also.Plus the viper kit will have remote start with it to all on the same key fob.

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LARAY:
You can put a viper remote door lock kit on it also.Plus the viper kit will have remote start with it to all on the same key fob.

I have done this in the past.

I have also installed powered door locks on older cars that did not have them, a little time consuming but totally worth it.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post