DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    interior LED strip lights for 16v?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

interior LED strip lights for 16v?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted
I recently bought some chinese 12 volt LED lights and mounted them under my dash. first time I left the switch on for more than 2-3 minutes they melted and started to smoke. what are you guys using for inside lights with a 16 volt battery?

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you can’t find 16V LEDs, one option is to use 12v LED strips and something like a LM2596 DC-DC converter. There are many options on eBay and Amazon for a few bucks: https://a.co/d/ecBgwKs

Connect it to your power source, put a multimeter on the output and turn the potentiometer knob until you get 12volts.

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
Look up "12v/24v LEDs" on Amazon. They work fine on 16v

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post