DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
It’s so nice to pull in, plug in and go to bed. Worry about unloading in the morning!
It’s 78’ nose to tail!

Shop is 55’x104’

I like the graphics. Makes it look less commercial. I'm guessing you added those? Stickers?

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, the same crew chief that denied the poles, disco balls and change machine was involved in that decision. The motorhome had the graphics and she wanted both units to match. Buddy who does graphics did a computer rendering and color matched the graphics. He did an awesome job I think. Both are vinyl decals!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Rob.......I love your compound......barn is AWESOME..........Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Howie,

Thank you.

It was a chore to build and move. Had a 55’x80’ and it was a lot of stuff to move. My crew chief said she wanted a bigger house, I said I want a bigger shop; so she said what are we waiting for? (She didnt have to ask twice) I took last season off of racing to build it, finish it and move. It was worth it!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Rob, that is a similar setup to our friends. Because of the slope of the property he actually puts two of his dragsters in his finished basement via a LARGE sliding back door so he can work on them during the winter months! Would never believe it if I hadn't seen it in person.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
No dragsters in my basement.
cobalt in basement by neetchracer, on Flickr

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JP Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s so nice to pull in, plug in and go to bed. Worry about unloading in the morning!
It’s 78’ nose to tail!

Shop is 55’x104’

Nice rig! The house and shop ain't too shabby also.

Posts: 28 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:

That is awesome! !!

Posts: 113 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
JP, thank you! You can’t take it with you, so I might as well spend my daughters inheirtence!

Mike, doesn’t the cobalt get in the way of the girls dancing on those two poles?

Rob Robertson

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
JP, thank you! You can’t take it with you, so I might as well spend my daughters inheirtence!

Mike, doesn’t the cobalt get in the way of the girls dancing on those two poles?

No, not at all. The pole and disco ball is in the other room. Didn't want a bunch of sweaty chicks around my car!

DRR Trophy
Picture of JP Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's what I keep telling my wife!

Posts: 28 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:

That is awesome!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
It's pretty cool. After pulling the French doors off, the car on clears by about 3/8" on each side. I would have never thought of doing this, but when I bought the house there was an old Opel in the basement. That started the wheels turning.....

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
122,000+ views on our way to 123,000 about “just another white trailer” clapping

Go to page 37 for specs and photos of the complete build, fit out with Pit Pal accessories and loaded.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted Hide Post
Ed, how is your winch powered? Is it hooked into the breaker box and only has power when the trailer is plugged in or does it run off of a battery?

Thanks!

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Everything 12v in the trailer only has power when the master switch is in the on position.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Well, Ed we have something in common. I have a 12v master switch in the trailer too. It's always off, except at the track. Killing the power eliminates one possible source of a fire......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Everything 12v in the trailer only has power when the master switch is in the on position.

I actually have done the "master cutoff" thing in my last two trailers. My original thinking was if the winch solenoid ever stuck(I've heard of it happening) I could reach over and kill the power.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
125,000+ views on our way to 126,000 about “just another white trailer” clapping

Go to page 37 for specs and photos of the complete build, fit out with Pit Pal accessories and loaded.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Just another white trailer, a copo camaro, Chris' trailer, a ranch,few othe thinga and oh yea pole dancers.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4408 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post