DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Congrats Ed. For sure first class!

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wow, 450 bucks to wire it up? That sounds a little steep. Back when Classic built my trailer they charged me 300 bucks to wire the backup camera. That was 2007 though.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
clapping

Looks great Ed! Good luck with it and congrats!

Shawn

Posts: 827 | Location: Flemington, New Jersey | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
all thanks to you. Not worthy

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
on a related note, the golf cart was on board yesterday as well and I had piece of mind...

It took less than a minute to remove the battery with a 1/2" wrench and a 1/2" socket.

Don't be stupid!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Nice white trailer stupid...your paranoid self will get the best of you as the golf cart riding in the front of the trailer is the least abusive and less bouncing than anywhere else loaded in the trailer.

Anyhow, it surely is a nice white trailer that was we'll planned and thought out. Came out great IMO.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadon1578:
Ed, Awesome trailer!! A little fact I learned after I purchased my triple axle living in Maryland. Tolls!! If I try to go to Cecil County Dragway, 4 axle (2 truck, 2 trailer)$24.00 using Rt95 triple axle= $48 !!! Double the price for 3rd axle. If I try to go to US13 Dragway in Delaware and cross the Bay bridge, 4 axle is $12 and $24 for triple!! I don't know how other states are, but if you head south on 95 be prepared passing through this state!! There are ways around but you got to know them. Enjoy your new Trailer, well done!

Try going over the GW bridge with a dually and a triple axle trailer. $80

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
quote:
Originally posted by deadon1578:
Ed, Awesome trailer!! A little fact I learned after I purchased my triple axle living in Maryland. Tolls!! If I try to go to Cecil County Dragway, 4 axle (2 truck, 2 trailer)$24.00 using Rt95 triple axle= $48 !!! Double the price for 3rd axle. If I try to go to US13 Dragway in Delaware and cross the Bay bridge, 4 axle is $12 and $24 for triple!! I don't know how other states are, but if you head south on 95 be prepared passing through this state!! There are ways around but you got to know them. Enjoy your new Trailer, well done!

Try going over the GW bridge with a dually and a triple axle trailer. $80

And that is one of the reasons why I haven't been to Atco in years.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
That must be the extra long way !

Md. to Atco by way of the GWB Shake head

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Been through those tolls with the toter (3 axles) and triple axle trailer...freakin brutal attack on the wallet for sure. CASH KILLER, the roads were chit to boot!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
You guys can have that part of the country Two Thumbs down

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
That must be the extra long way !

Md. to Atco by way of the GWB Shake head

Tolls Full Moon

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
BTW, my trailer rolls on Goodyear's new made in the USA trailer tire, the Endurance.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
SHARP!! Why do trailer manufactures put axles so far forward? Why do you need a thousand pounds of tongue weight?

Posts: 6 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I meant so far back not forward, WOOPS

Posts: 6 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
on a related note, the golf cart was on board yesterday as well and I had piece of mind...

It took less than a minute to remove the battery with a 1/2" wrench and a 1/2" socket.

Don't be stupid!

I see your cart at least has a battery hold down, mine doesn't!

I also don't get why these things look like they were wired by a three year old. They don't seem concerned with the way things look, as long as they work.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed, what did the trailer weigh loaded and what was the tongue weight loaded?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Don't know yet but it be will north of 12,000 lbs and I'm sure north of 1,200 lbs tongue weight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewsmotorsports:
SHARP!! Why do trailer manufactures put axles so far forward? Why do you need a thousand pounds of tongue weight?

Without the proper amount of tongue weight it will be very difficult to pull with a pick up, been there done that

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
exactly