DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    M/T Pro Bracket Radial
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M/T Pro Bracket Radial
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted
Ho-Lee-Crap!!!!!!

29.5x10.5 PBR's just don't give up.

42 degrees, with Joisey mineshaft air, hitting them at 400 RPM more on the two-step than I EVER ran any other tire, and they just perform.

That is all.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1799 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
Run the same tire on mine car, have over 200 passes on them and they just keep going. Was going 1.28-129 sixties. You will continue to like these tires.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1837 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Great tire !!!
We usually change them outa guilt

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Great tire, but so is the Hoosier radials! I see no difference consistency wise. The Hoosiers a little faster & that's probably because of the weight difference. I've had good results from both brands!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2721 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Great tire, but so is the Hoosier radials! I see no difference consistency wise. The Hoosiers a little faster & that's probably because of the weight difference. I've had good results from both brands!

Whichever has the least rolling resistance and energy loss at all frequencies, is gonna be the faster tire. Inflation plays a role in this criteria, because of deformation.

Deformation is energy loss, as is weight.

Just in case anyone is still wondering why a radial is so much faster than a bias tire.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a question. With the radial tires getting so much better in the last few seasons, will more chassis door cars start running them? Why or why not?

How is the radial on mediocre prep? Do they still work, or do they need a fly paper track to work properly?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
I have a question. With the radial tires getting so much better in the last few seasons, will more chassis door cars start running them? Why or why not?

How is the radial on mediocre prep? Do they still work, or do they need a fly paper track to work properly?

I've run radials since 2001. Depending on manufacturer and compound, they were mostly designed for stockers to go fast. I'm guessing that heads up D.O.T. radial racing has furthered the development.
I found the old Goodyear 9x30 in the D-4A compound to be good all around, but these M/T's are just incredible.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1799 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I will add to the questions from Holytown. First, what is the situation about the "radial wobble" at higher speeds?

I experimented with a radial when I ran the Super 10 in super stock, and it had an uncomfortable wobble near the quarter-mile finish line. Switching back to a bias design corrected the wobble.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1867 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
I will add to the questions from Holytown. First, what is the situation about the "radial wobble" at higher speeds?

I experimented with a radial when I ran the Super 10 in super stock, and it had an uncomfortable wobble near the quarter-mile finish line. Switching back to a bias design corrected the wobble.

Never heard of such a thing? I've only been 126 MPH though.... Confused

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:

Never heard of such a thing? I've only been 126 MPH though.... Confused

I heard of the radial wobble, but never experienced it. I've only been 136 mph on small radials.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2721 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:

On the pbr I have had the wobble but I do run the 13 wider tire. Everybody I talk to never has a problem with it if they are running a 9 or 10 inch tire.

But I will say that after I made a few passes the wobble went away. I do run 19 pounds of air in them too.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've seen they have 32x14 radials, and I like the idea of tire life, no growth, etc, but since I race from the First of March until hopefully Thanksgiving, on a variety of tracks and temperatures, I'm a little scared they won't be as forgiving as the old bias stuff..

Posts: 298 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
I've seen they have 32x14 radials, and I like the idea of tire life, no growth, etc, but since I race from the First of March until hopefully Thanksgiving, on a variety of tracks and temperatures, I'm a little scared they won't be as forgiving as the old bias stuff..

This is my concern also...

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
quote:

It’s a valid concern. I did spin in a final round this year and was a tenth slow, and that sucked. But the rest of the time when it’s almost always within .01, it’s still worth it.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3216 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
quote:

I have never had a problem and I have raced in the heat and cold weather. Biggest thing I noticed is you have to treat them a little different than a bias slick. They like to be hit hard.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
45 degrees, test and tune track, repeated 1.34 short times, observer told me the track was junk right before my car went quicker than it ever has.

I think I could turn the 2-step off and these things would still hook.

Simply unbelievable, this tire is a game changer for small tire bracket racers.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Goob, mind uploading some tickets? Glad they worked well for you

Posts: 851 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Played with shock, shift, and 2-step settings a little, on the 4 runs.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

Posts: 851 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
I got close to 250 passes on mine, 8 hits off the transbrake,over a 9 hour period, varied less than .01 in the sixties.

I have been impressed on the life of them.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1837 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post