DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD view 4 issues w/ windows 10
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD view 4 issues w/ windows 10
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
My windows 10 laptop pretty much crashes now when I try to open view4, 2 small windows in the task bar appear. 1 of them wanting to upgrade to vs. 4.3.30 I currently have 4.3.21? I can't do anything with the computer at this point until I go to task mngr and close the view4 program. Any ideas? I searched but couldn't find anything on this I'm wondering if a mandatory windows 10 update screwed it up?

65 Malibu
3150#
9"
4L65
LS3 Full steel car.

Posts: 50 | Location: Fallbrook | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
possible not enough memory

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
While using my Win 10 desktop computer tonight and opening MSDView4 version 4.3.30 that was installed in 7-2017 ( this is a update from 4.3.21 ) , I was alerted that there was a newer version 4.3.33 available and asked if I wanted it installed. I accepted and it proceeded to install. Part way through the install my antivirus found that the file was corrupt and finished the install, but the antivirus will not allow the program to run.

Using the Control Panel, I deleted this version 4.3.33 and re-installed the 4.3.21 version. During the re-install, my anti-virus stopped it to alert me that it wanted to make some changes in my document folder for several items. I did not allow these changes and 4.3.21 installed.

The re-installed MSDView4 ver 4.3.21 opened and runs normal as before.

My suggestion is this. If the computer you are using MSDView4 with has an internet connection, Do Not install the Version 4.3.33 upgrade if queried when you open the program.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
MSDView 4.3.33 update.

Today in my desktop I opened MSDView 4 ver 4.3.21 and re-installed the latest 4.3.33 version of MSDView. It installed normally and runs without issues.

I believe the issue is with the antivirus program in my desktop. For some reason it said the program was infected and would not leave it run after install. The antivirus did send out the infected file for analysis.

Today I also updated the MSDView 4 in my netbooks that use a free version of antivirus with this 4.3.33 newest version and the installation went in normal and runs perfectly.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I uninstalled a couple of win10 auto updates, that allowed the install of 4.3.30! So far so good! Thanks guys

65 Malibu
3150#
9"
4L65
LS3 Full steel car.

Posts: 50 | Location: Fallbrook | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post