DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    SMALL BLOCK ALKY…
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SMALL BLOCK ALKY…
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
So Bell, what does your builder think?
Got to get it apart first….but I guarantee it’s a cracked piston doing just like the last time….leaning toward the fuel being in the back with an electric pump….My argument is how would it make it 200+ runs if it was detonating…

Do you log fuel pressure or AFR?

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
So Bell, what does your builder think?
Got to get it apart first….but I guarantee it’s a cracked piston doing just like the last time….leaning toward the fuel being in the back with an electric pump….My argument is how would it make it 200+ runs if it was detonating…

I have fuel pressure

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I have fuel pressure

O2 sensor and even a single EGT sensor might help show what is possibly happening… just saying

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Bent pins happen most from a hydraulic incident.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Best money I ever spent when switchinmg to alky was a Inovate Mototsport digital AFR gauge

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Best money I ever spent when switchinmg to alky was a Inovate Mototsport digital AFR gauge

I have debated this in my mind whether it's possible or not. Mostly because I may have done it once. Broke an imput shaft mid run under a lot (for me)of boost and hit the ignition only rev limiter. In the end, the pin and the piston were destroyed. Alky combo. One would think as long as the valves are going open and closed, that the raw alky would pump out each cycle. Maybe not.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post