Notify
Tools

Goodyear
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
Ok, so hear me out on this. I know every time I speak up on this I open myself up for criticism. But here is how I see this situation as a business owner myself.
An employee in a Goodyear facility made up a slide for a training course and never got approval of it from corporate.

If any of you here are business owners, you know it is impossible to control every employees every move at all times. Especially in a corporation of Goodyear's size!

I am a Goodyear guy. So when this first got out, I got blown up! I'll admit,at first I was pissed at GY! But I stayed calm, and looked at it through rational eyes.

This is an American company that stated today, they don't support those policies in the visual. Corporations of this size are led by smart people. Why would smart people that provide tires for almost every police car in this country not support our police? Only stupid people would do that! Why would smart people that sell tires to racers (who are majority Trump supporters) publicly not support conservative beliefs? Only stupid people would do that publicly!

Goodyear provides jobs right here in America for a lot of American families. Some of those families are people I call friends. I would hate to see my friends and other Americans lose their jobs because of a foolish/careless mistake made by one employee!

fair enough 5167 and will agree with you in that neither do i want to see an American company that provides livelihoods to hard working Americans go out of business. my problem is the fact that left wing cancel nut swingers would gladly boycot a conservative company and try to put them out of business for their thoughts or beliefs. i say let folks think the way they want and if i agree or disagree then i can support or not support. look what the lefties tried to do to Goya. and Goya feeds most of the illegals that the left stands up for. but that backfired on them in the end.

ep- i still say it was not a rogue employee. it came from the top.

Posts: 765 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Some Woke idiot can't differentiate between the BLM sentiment and the marxist organization that took the name.

I suspect there will be a couple of more backtrack memos put out.
Until they add BLM and LBG whatever to the no no list they will have an image problem.
It's only fair.

IF they do add it to the list or allow everything then we must all support them whole heartedly and loudly.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 352 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
blimp

Posts: 352 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, so hear me out on this. I know every time I speak up on this I open myself up for criticism. But here is how I see this situation as a business owner myself.

You’re an idiot and no one cares how you attempt to spin the truth and the facts to fit your agenda so it aligns with your opinion and decisions.

The facts and the Truth about Goodyear supporting the far left and their intent to destroy everything this country has stood for, destroy our history and dismantle law and order wont be tolerated by true Americans and they will be held accountable!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
An employee in a Goodyear facility made up a slide for a training course and never got approval of it from corporate.

If any of you here are business owners, you know it is impossible to control every employees every move at all times. Especially in a corporation of Goodyear's size!

I am a Goodyear guy. So when this first got out, I got blown up! I'll admit,at first I was pissed at GY! But I stayed calm, and looked at it through rational eyes.

This is an American company that stated today, they don't support those policies in the visual. Corporations of this size are led by smart people. Why would smart people that provide tires for almost every police car in this country not support our police? Only stupid people would do that! Why would smart people that sell tires to racers (who are majority Trump supporters) publicly not support conservative beliefs? Only stupid people would do that publicly!

Goodyear provides jobs right here in America for a lot of American families. Some of those families are people I call friends. I would hate to see my friends and other Americans lose their jobs because of a foolish/careless mistake made by one employee!

I get what your saying, but personally I don't believe their 'explanation' and think its just a bull**** excuse to minimize the damage after they got called out. Even if their excuse is true, if they let someone hold a training course without their approval on the material, then shame on them. Of course you can't control your employees, but if you are going to ban political statements to avoid offending anyone then you need to ban them ALL, not pick and choose or you wind up doing more harm than good... like in this case. Personally, I wouldn't use a Goodyear tire as a tree swing much less put it on a vehicle I own (race or street) even before this, but I work for a car dealership that sells a few thousand tires a year - this definitely makes me even more likely to steer my customers in another direction.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 631 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trumps armored limos have tires made by.....Goodyear, and I’m pretty sure you can’t just buy just any tire for those tanks !

If you read this article it appears that they are standard tires with a military device inside the wheel that allows them to run with 0 air pressure if needed.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/t...-dump-goodyears-limo
Cooper tire apparently is 100% American owned and I have them on my vehicle. I think Michelin is a French company but they do make tires in the U.S.

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Seems to me each day since the release Goodyear has come out with a different version of events. Yesterday they found a scapegoat from the local Topeka plant after the audio was released. They are trying to mitigate the damage at this point. Their first statement was almost a denial that it happened. Then after the audio release they slightly changed the narrative to try and pin it on one person and have "adjusted" their policy on blue lives attire. Which to me says that indeed the original slide was in fact their policy to begin with. Judge that how you wish but to me its clear where they stand. One quick work of advice, UNIFORMS solve this issue period!

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I do not think it was Presidential or the right thing for Trump to call for a Boycott of Goodyear.
I think it just made Trump look bad.

So OK for Goodyear to ban support of Trump (by banning a HAT for God's sake, with a slogan no rational person could disagree with or find offensive) but not OK for Trump to push back?

And by the way, that slide also said ALL LIVES MATTER is unacceptable. What kind of MORON could find any rational reason to disagree with that?

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I do not think it was Presidential or the right thing for Trump to call for a Boycott of Goodyear.
I think it just made Trump look bad.

So OK for Goodyear to ban support of Trump (by banning a HAT for God's sake, with a slogan no rational person could disagree with or find offensive) but not OK for Trump to push back?

And by the way, that slide also said ALL LIVES MATTER is unacceptable. What kind of MORON could find any rational reason to disagree with that?

What I feel is really decent about our current President, is that that he could give two sh1ts about one little thing he says makes him look. He doesn't filter it. He says what he thinks. It's kinda refreshing actually. This company wants to limit any kind of political expression, or frankly anything unpopular in this politically correct world we are living in. But they want to virtue signal as being completely woke by allowing expression favoring (not against) BLM, and anything else that has to do with sexual identity (I can't believe that's a thing) and racial equity (which frankly we have had for decades in this country). So the President spoke out on it. Hell I'm sick of the political correctness, the virtue signalling and the allowances and protections only applying to anything the liberal left is pushing. It's way past time we open our mouths and start using our pocketbooks to express ourselves. I'm sure Progressive didn't really miss my business. But when all of us put the hurt on them, they will pay attention.

As long as I'm on a roll: How exactly is a President supposed to look? Barrack was polished and refined and stuck to the teleprompter at all times. And he lied non stop. Is that how they should look? Should they look like Bush 2 who stood by and watched jobs flow out of this country while letting face shooter **** more or less call the shots? Is that how they should look? Should they stand at the podium and smile and look friendly and open his arms to every illegal coming from anywhere? And avoid saying anything Christian? And avoid saying anything that puts America first? We have been long past due for a President who says it like it is, and frankly, one that makes a mistake now and then. We needed a real person. A real American. We got one. Let's not nit pick everything he says and every expression he makes. It's a damn site better than what we would be stuck with if we talk enough people into thinking "he isn't very Presidential". What I think they actually mean by that is there may actually be a sack full of testicles in those trousers.

Wake up!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
by the way, that slide also said ALL LIVES MATTER is unacceptable. What kind of MORON could find any rational reason to disagree with that?

Curly1, that MORON!

4000+ views on our way to 5,000 about Not just any tire company rather an anti-American, anti police tire company.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cartman:
quote:
Trumps armored limos have tires made by.....Goodyear, and I’m pretty sure you can’t just buy just any tire for those tanks !

If you read this article it appears that they are standard tires with a military device inside the wheel that allows them to run with 0 air pressure if needed.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/t...-dump-goodyears-limo
Cooper tire apparently is 100% American owned and I have them on my vehicle. I think Michelin is a French company but they do make tires in the U.S.

I am surprised the tires are not some special built units...

I was thinking bullet proof..

I stand corrected.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
Do they think the snowflakes and "protesters" are the ones buying Goodyear tires? For their Prius or Outback? Nope, it's the working class and business owners and people like most of us on here with disposable income to spend on new cars, race tires, motor home and trailer tires etc. I can tell you I will be shopping for a new truck soon and if it has goodyear tires, they can change them or lose the sale.

I would like to know if that employee still has a job. My guess is yes because he was following GY policy...

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
How exactly is a President supposed to look?

^^^^ This. We have been lead down the path we are on for many years now, we didn't get here over night. Biden looks very presidential.... because he is, in the traditional sense of the phrase. If you want looks in one hand and a knife in the other vote Biden. Time to wake up!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Makes me sick. I lived in that dump of a town for 20 years, drove by that plant on Hwy 24 every day. Had friends and neighbors that worked there.

“However if any associate wears all, blue, white lives matter shirts or face coverings, that will be not appropriate.”

In a statement Wednesday morning, Goodyear said its corporate office did not create or distribute the slide. A spokesperson declined comment when asked if it was created locally, or if the content was inaccurate.
So GY has now changed their stance to say it is OK to wear Blue Lives Matter. But it is still NOT ok to wear "All Lives Matter", or "White Lives Matter". Got it.
2 years ago I spent almost a grand replacing the OEM Goodyear tires on my truck with the same exact model. That set is now about due for a replacement.
LOOKING FOR ADVICE ON TIRES FOR A 2015 DURAMAX CREW CAB HD. ANYTHING BUT GOODYEAR BRAND WILL BE CONSIDERED.
(See - It IS Tech Talk after all!!). Big Grin
Thanks in advance.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1041 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Yup, they danced around it.

as for tires, I put a set of BFgoodrich wranglers on my Ford CC duallie last year. So far no complaints

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:

LOOKING FOR ADVICE ON TIRES FOR A 2015 DURAMAX CREW CAB HD. ANYTHING BUT GOODYEAR BRAND WILL BE CONSIDERED.
(See - It IS Tech Talk after all!!). Big Grin
Thanks in advance.

On my 3rd set of Toyo's on my crew cab dually. Been getting between 40 and 50K out of them about 70% freeway and and around town. The rest is offroad on gravel.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:

In All-Season tires I’ve used Michelin Defender (my favorite) and am looking at using Continental Terrain Contact H/T this time (less expensive) because I’m not planning on keeping this truck for another 80k miles which the Michelins lasted towing over 50k on them for me. Both made in USA.

Posts: 2472 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
5000+ views on our way to 6,000 about Not just any tire company rather an anti-American, anti police tire company.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:

ANY company stupid enough to pander to the portion of our population that.....

1. Hates our country and the American way of life

2. Are mostly jobless by choice

.......deserves to crash and burn.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post