DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    192 or 6-71 blower
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

192 or 6-71 blower
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone have experience with blown small blocks? I have the opportunity to trade for a 377" small block with a ton of high end parts on the top end. It was built to be a pro charged motor and currently only has 8.5-1 compression.

I'm looking at getting it around 11-1 compression, and putting a 192, 6-71, or maybe 8-71 blower on it. What kind of power could be expected with this combo. Also, I don't want to run so much boost that I need to O-Ring the block, etc. I do run alcohol, and I'd like to get around 1000 hp if possible in the future.

OR......would I be better off to just run a pro charger? If so Why?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
1000 HP.
While you are changing pistons get the block and heads o-ringed. Hoops are even better.
871, crank support, magneto
Your future self can thank me later

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 352 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post