DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Phoenix Drag radials 13.6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Phoenix Drag radials 13.6
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have gone from 14 x32 Goodyear 1984 to Phoenix 13.6 radials and have nothing but good to say about them. They 60 good and are as consistent , however this past Friday night racing after not being out for a month the car left hard right both time runs and the track was good. I usually have 1.25 60s and the car is straight as an arrow usually running 5.90s. I have an Alston 4 link that I have never had to touch from one track to another. I mention to some other guys running the same exact tire what the car did and was told maybe need to rotate from side to side. I only have about 20 passes on these. I looked for info on Phoenix web site and didnt find any info.

Posts: 65 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I ran radial slicks for over 2 decades on 2 cars and never rotated them. Friday nights is test/tune/grudge race night at most every track in the country which the result of is a junk track.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR6223 Monza:
I have gone from 14 x32 Goodyear 1984 to Phoenix 13.6 radials and have nothing but good to say about them. They 60 good and are as consistent , however this past Friday night racing after not being out for a month the car left hard right both time runs and the track was good. I usually have 1.25 60s and the car is straight as an arrow usually running 5.90s. I have an Alston 4 link that I have never had to touch from one track to another. I mention to some other guys running the same exact tire what the car did and was told maybe need to rotate from side to side. I only have about 20 passes on these. I looked for info on Phoenix web site and didnt find any info.

Check your shocks for leaking oil. If you have one tire wearing more than the other, rotate. Won't hurt, may help.

You might just have a bad shock though.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The track was fine its a regular program night and always well prepped. Mike I haven't found any leaks on the shocks. Its just odd that it hooked hard right after last pass was arrow straight. I am going to check all the 4 link mounting points and rod ends. I had something similar with ladder bar car years ago when a rod end had pulled the threads out of the front mounting point. Thanks for the input.

Posts: 65 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What track is this that doesn’t run test/tune/grudge on Friday night?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR6223 Monza:
The track was fine its a regular program night and always well prepped. Mike I haven't found any leaks on the shocks. Its just odd that it hooked hard right after last pass was arrow straight. I am going to check all the 4 link mounting points and rod ends. I had something similar with ladder bar car years ago when a rod end had pulled the threads out of the front mounting point. Thanks for the input.

You're welcome, anytime Sir.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed Its US 60 in KY The Test and tune runs on Saturday nights. They always have Regular Friday night racing and T&T on Saturday evening.. This weekend it was Regular program on Friday night and 5K race on Saturday.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So they run their regular bracket points program on Friday nights?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes sir that is correct. For the last 35 plus years .

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So since you refuse to believe the track was junk, your conclusion is the tires went bad after sitting for a month?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
No sir not at all . The track was good. Its my car . I watched pass after pass of people going down the track with no issues . One door car ran 5.29 straight as could be. I have an issue its not with the tires I just need to find the cause.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If you say so but an accomplished bracket racer from KY just told me he hasn’t been to US60 since 2007, said it’s not a good facility and not a track he would consider racing at again.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This is 2021 and the track has just changed management in 2020. Is still a good country type track and a family oriented track. I was Super Pro track Champion there back in the day. Even though it is a Rural track and doesn't have the latest track equipment its still a good track to race at. The prior owners were very hands on and appreciated their racers. New owners are still learning. The race surface has been prepped well. I have a Car issue I have to address and will