DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Precision reaction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Precision reaction
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted
I got the gadget, install is very straight forward and easy, got a few (4) runs on it to get the tire crack G sensor adjusted, looks like it's going to be very useful.

Already caught my Mega box off by .001 late on a run. Eek
Set for 1.038 it let go at 1.039

Hopefully we'll be getting into some better weather next week, and get to racing.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
what is this gadget

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
https://precisionreaction.com/products/

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2544 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
If going to this extent I would figure you have data logger. If so is this showing you something that you would not see with a digital signal from transbake and over lay on DS?
Not arguing it may be more accurate or better just asking. Also other than change in delay box to cover difference what would you do to correct it.

Plus is it the box is off or something in transmission?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
If going to this extent I would figure you have data logger. If so is this showing you something that you would not see with a digital signal from transbake and over lay on DS?
Not arguing it may be more accurate or better just asking. Also other than change in delay box to cover difference what would you do to correct it.

I have a few of these to install in a customers cars. The unit can see button release and transbrake release. So outside of a sticking button it should be pretty accurate at measuring the actual delay box delay.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mega box replay tach and this gadget is all the data capture I have.
I was trying to figure out how I could get this exact data through other gadgets, and this fits the mission.

I'd had some instances where what I felt, and what I got on the time slip, just didn't feel right.

This unit merely verifies that the delay is accurate, and the rollout times are consistent.

It measures the time between the button release and brake electrical release, the time between brake release and the "tire crack", and the actual time to reach the set rollout.

This could pinpoint failing tire sidewalls, or a sticky brake valve.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

High tooth or magnet count on the driveshaft collar can be pretty useful for this.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6403 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Already caught my Mega box off by .001 late on a run. Set for 1.038 it let go at 1.039

Many delay boxes are off, few if any are perfect. What you want, is the delay box being off the exact same amount to the 0.00XX from button release to TB release every time. My present Elite 95 is fast by 0.0054, Always. I check it periodically throughout the year using MSD Grid 7730 data acquisition.

As Bucky wrote, a higher (8 or 16) resolution driveshaft trigger collar can offer much information when compared to the TB release, flash rpm and down track time displayed on a graph. A good DA system could be used to check delay box times as well.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thred got me to thinking. Wife says either expensive or dangerous depending on if car,guns or making something go boom.

Wondering if pressure sensor on reverse tap would show difference in tb and actual solenoid release then ds movement would show most of saa
me stuff. Could ALSO have digital reading on solenoid to see difference in tb and actual release. Now if that tell you anything other than need to adjust box to get better light or not?

Not say OP's part of discussion bot good idea. Just looking at how much more info than can get out of my DL that I have too much money in now.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post