DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    3rd member case for my Lamplighter project
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3rd member case for my Lamplighter project
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These work well, this came from Speedway. Everyone has a vise on their bench.

It's pretty satisfying when you build an engine, transmission and setup a ring & pinion for your street car. And dip in the 5's n/a off the trailer as you intended @ 3200 lbs on a 10 x 28. That's drag racing in my book.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike, is that the light-duty aluminum case running the 5's?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

It's pretty satisfying when you build an engine, transmission and setup a ring & pinion for your street car. And dip in the 5's n/a off the trailer as you intended @ 3200 lbs on a 10 x 28. That's drag racing in my book.

That is the one I bought and yes from Speedway..

Never did a 9" before but it was a piece of cake.....

Did the pinion carrier at work and it also was easy..

All Moser parts and a U.S. gear Pro Gear set...

Of course I've done many other rears in the past with pretty good success

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Mike, is that the light-duty aluminum case running the 5's?

No sir, Pro Iron, I don't think I'd run aluminum center at 3200 lbs, at least not racing a lot (bracket racing).

Now we did put together an aluminum center for the 66 Chev II here bolt thru. The Deuce is 3000 lbs and around 1150 - 1200 hp. However breakage is apart of of the deal heads up racing. You might be able to get away with one though, dunno.

I don't know if you saw the thread from Hodge, it's on page 2 I'll leave this photo of what we were talking about, if you get time look into his thread, I guess there's a street pinion support you may want to avoid. The Strange Pro Iron has a pinion sleeve for a bigger bearing pinion support.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's nothing! I had, stress had, one of those AL cases with 35 spline axles in my dragster for many years! Like over 16 years, with the last 10 running under 7 seconds in the 1/4. Knew I was pushing it but kept a close look at the axles, they finally started to twist so I replaced the axles and center section with MW stuff and 40 spline axles, other than gears I should be good for about 50 years! Big Grin

BTW I still have the case and pinion support for sale.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:

That's nothing! I had, stress had, one of those AL cases with 35 spline axles in my dragster for many years! Like over 16 years, with the last 10 running under 7 seconds in the 1/4. Knew I was pushing it but kept a close look at the axles, they finally started to twist so I replaced the axles and center section with MW stuff and 40 spline axles, other than gears I should be good for about 50 years! Big Grin

BTW I still have the case and pinion support for sale.

I can build you one, that way there's two of us in the world. Out of the box Brodix Track 1 cylinder heads, so it'll be relatively inexpensive to duplicate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Rothermel:
my 9" stuff is mark Williams spline,

Thanks Chuck. Unfortunately it will not work for me.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post