Notify
Tools

Software
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of InkJet2
posted
Crew chief Pro or Computech RaceBase?

Posts: 6 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: February 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Neither, Ifamily software

https://www.ifamilysoftware.com/

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I'm a Crew Chief guy. When I was purchasing, I did debate pretty hard between that and Family Software.

I'm a data and software nerd so I like the flexibility of Crew Chief Pro. That flexibility can be a negative if you aren't careful, and I have had to reset everything to default after I got myself lost.

There are many several successful racers running either of those, or the CompuTech. None of them are magically going to tell you the correct number every time.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
There are many several successful racers running either of those, or the CompuTech. None of them are magically going to tell you the correct number every time.

Agree, without a car that prints tickets and a driver that controls both ends of the track, no software will help you turn on s win light.

That said, I’m not s fan of CCP’s business practices, so if you are considering it, know what you’re buying, fees, licenses for multiple cars cost, updates costs, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with the functionality and customer support of Racebase/Computech. The only downfall is it's a single run prediction vs database so you need to pick the right run to predict off.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
That said, I’m not s fan of CCP’s business practices, so if you are considering it, know what you’re buying, fees, licenses for multiple cars cost, updates costs, etc.

The only thing I'll pull out of that is the 'licenses for multiple cars' part.

You do need to upgrade to a 'team license' if you are running multiple cars in the same class. Then it will compute multiple predictions at the same time.

I run multiple cars with just a normal license. In the morning I compute predictions for Super Street. After my run, I'll switch to a Super Comp base run and it will then give me predictions for that car.

Same deal if I am at a bracket race and running multiple classes myself, plus juniors. No special license needed, but it will only predict one car at a time.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
I've been very happy with the functionality and customer support of Racebase/Computech. The only downfall is it's a single run prediction vs database so you need to pick the right run to predict off.

This is the case with Crew Chief Pro as well. I like that you can input a 'garbage run' and it won't screw everything up. You just don't want to base your prediction off that run.

I also like that the predictions are more specific; you aren't getting some muddy average of a bunch of runs. I can predict off a certain run, then flip through a bunch of other 'base runs' to see if the prediction remains the same. It helps build confidence in the prediction.

Tony Leonard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Same with ifamily too.

That said, we are now in year 6 of using ifamily and Altalab weather station, with ZERO issues, never been sent back and no upgrades required, it flat out works evident by our numerous wins in S/C, S/ST and big $ bracket racing.