New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top end crash
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the car but glad you are relatively ok considering. Cars can be replaced or repaired.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just looked and yes you have a G-meter in your Racepak system. So that's going to be especially informative. I'd like to know how many G's it took to crack that CF helmet.

2x on tool.

Send me all the Racepak stuff and I'll test it all and repair/replace at no charge.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
I just looked and yes you have a G-meter in your Racepak system. So that's going to be especially informative. I'd like to know how many G's it took to crack that CF helmet.

2x on tool.

Send me all the Racepak stuff and I'll test it all and repair/replace at no charge.

Your the best Greg, thanks!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
^^^ Good on you, Greg! Wink

Todd, glad you are ok, and sorry about your car.
So were you able to get any kind of first-hand / eyewitness account of what may have happened? Wondering if your opponent may have seen any of it? Would be interesting to hear any info that comes up. Also, you may find some clues in your teardown, or from the Racepak card. Thank you for sharing, and glad you made wise decisions on building and equipping the car and driver. Wishing you a quick recovery, and good luck moving forward.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
On the topic of a racecar being a tool and not much else.... They are exactly that. The faster they go the more prone to hitting the wall they are. I quit even washing my cars after i ruined the paint and body work on my first 100% build 2 weeks after i built it. Backing the car off the trailer and the front end caught the trailer and bent it in half (steel front end welded together like a 1 piece fiberglass front end). 5 years later i put that car into the wall and flipped it over in a very similar crash at the 330' mark. It sucks to lose one like this, but its a risk we all take when we are building them.

Absolutely know where you are at man, for me i got away from the door cars and built a dragster because i couldnt' see slowing down and i also didn't want to risk hitting the wall again in a door car. Dragsters wreck too, but for the power level i was at dragsters are just a safer bet in that regard.

Sucks about your ride, but i definitely agree with your attitude about not putting this much time and effort into making one the "dream ride.' Build it safe, make it a bad ass racecar that WORKS and WINS, forget about the rest.

Posts: 373 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
That was a hard impact! Be glad you had a well built car and also be glad there was not the steel guard rails there. That could have been really bad.

I would like to know the cause of the crash what ever it was. Hopefully someone will have seen it or you may find a clue when you tear it down.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4008 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Racepac could point to the cause also. We did this with my sons crash TS a few years back. G into the wall was more than you would think. He was fine. Car was not...

Hope you are doing good! No doubt you are bruised up and sore.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4494 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I watched 8.50 entered in 10.0 at the World Street Nationals in Orlando a couple years ago. This class borderlines being a spectacle because for the most part, all the cars were factory condition all steel cars, and they're trucking at the stripe. Most on small tires.

There was one car in the race, you could hear the guy was using a way too tight torque converter to isolate power early in the run, but by the time this thing got to the 1/4 mile it was strolling, someone said it was over 700 cu inches in a factory looking 68 Camaro on a small tire. Real entertaining class to watch.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:

2x on tool.

Top notch service right there

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ This, you can't ask for better service than what Greg delivers.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post