DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    electric fuel pump and accessories for race gas package
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

electric fuel pump and accessories for race gas package
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the install pic, I was going to ask!

Is the single line on the right the return? I plan on welding 4 tabs for mounting also.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Yes we ran a heads up race at the Mopar race earlier this year. Thats about the only time we will be there every year. Although after last year the class may not want us Cool They didn't want us for road kill unfair I guess. They no longer have an all motor class at street car so we won't be there.

Here isa video from Vegas earlier this year. Round one against the second fastest car there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFDuNkzIgP0

Thanks for sharing Al!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-18667

We have run this in our Firebird for 9 yrs now !!!!

Easy mounting/plumbing and has been flawless on gas or alcohol

We use their fuel log and regulator too.

I ordered this fuel system from Summit Racing yesterday. I already use the Aeromotive EFI regulator & 10-micron fuel filter.

https://aeromotiveinc.com/prod...r-stealth-fuel-cell/

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have used Aeromotive, Magnafuel and Product Engineering. All worked very good with gas and Alky. I would say that Product Engineering and Aeromotive are a bit better quality wise.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

I ordered this fuel system from Summit Racing yesterday. I already use the Aeromotive EFI regulator & 10-micron fuel filter.

2BKING
Relaxing

The above fuel cell with built in pump was delivered this past week. I started mocking up the cell to use the existing mounting points in the trunk. I made some aluminum tabs & hope to have them welded by the end of the week. I also have to make a longer return & vent lines.

I have never liked the plastic fuel cells & this is a nice aluminum cell. I also like that's a 6 gal. cell over the 5 gal I had. Not that it matters, I fuel up after every run. IMO, the best way to run an electric fuel pump(s) is internal vs. external.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Your opinion is meaningless, no one here looks to you for advice! One look at your pathetic shytbox’s performance tells everyone with a clue that you ain’t the go to guy!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Easy to wire up, and never fails.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1658 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yea for a pathetically slow shyt box like yours Laughing very hard but it ain’t 1993 Didn't think of that it’s 2023!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Just can't leave the baits alone, can ya Pigley? Laughing Hard
My slow shytbox already has a win this season.

Like one these low HP pieces of junk...

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1658 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:

Congrats on the win Goob!

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Goober I’ll put our BIG checks and Wally’s up against you too anytime for any year! You’ll lose…FACT no I mind your POS against either of my cars! Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Goober I’ll put our BIG checks and Wally’s up against you too anytime for any year! You’ll lose…FACT no I mind your POS against either of my cars! Laughing very hard

WE?
You got a mouse in your pocket?

How about what YOU have done, Eddie? I could hire a driver and my car might get more wins, or I could just whip out some cash for a rent a ride like your stuff, there's hundreds of them. Laughing Hard

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yea me goober my big $ checks and Wallys against yours anytime!

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Congrats on the win Goob!

2BKING Smile

Thanks man! It had been a while coming.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks man! It had been a while coming.

That's great Goob & something recent; go get another! At least YOU are in the seat making it happen & not riding someone's coattails. Wink

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

2BKING
Relaxing

The above fuel cell with built in pump was delivered this past week. I started mocking up the cell to use the existing mounting points in the trunk. I made some aluminum tabs & hope to have them welded by the end of the week. I also have to make a longer return & vent lines.

I have never liked the plastic fuel cells & this is a nice aluminum cell. I also like that's a 6 gal. cell over the 5 gal I had. Not that it matters, I fuel up after every run. IMO, the best way to run an electric fuel pump(s) is internal vs. external.

2BKING
Relaxing

Thanks for the product endorsement.

I have it installed now, but it hasn't been to the track yet. The one thing I noticed; the pump is very noisy. I'm guessing it has to with the pump being mounted in the aluminum cell. My Holley pumps in the plastic cell you could barely hear them running.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mud flap material makes a great insulator between cell and chassis. Just saying. Easy if you own triaxles.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
M,

Thanks for the trying to help!

The cell is mounted on 3/4" standoffs because of the many contours of the 2nd Gen trunk floor pan. I'm not overly concerned with the noise, can't hear the pump when the car is running. I got spoiled with the whisper quiet pumps I had before.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436