DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Kestrel 5100 weather station
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kestrel 5100 weather station
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Going to have to get weather station and looking a kestrel 5100. Think I have read a few good comments here on them. I know there some out there that give more info and better options. They are just out of budget for while,so please skip suggesting one thats 2 the price no matter how great it is.

Any using kestrel 5100 have comements hood or bad?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have used the old 4250 and the 5100 currently with Crew Chief for years and really like it. At the track I have it record the weather every 10 minutes and I take it with me to the line and hit the record button when the car leaves. (One of my 2 sons are driving) It will record the date, time and the weather parameters I pick at that moment. We run injected alcohol and I watch the water grains.

I bought the USB download cable to download the days weather to my laptop also.

Crew Chief also has a docking station to use it at your trailer, I think. Don?

It's really sensitive, so you have to watch how you handle it and where you place it. I use the lanyard to hang it in the trailer between rounds to see trends and and use a carabiner to hang it from my belt loop when I am in the lanes.

I hope this helps.

1.34 9.42@ 142.41 1.29 5.97 @ 114.00 @ #3251 Better in 2022
427 BBC by S&S Speed Center, AFD, Enderle MFI by Spud Miller
Trackside Products, Sepanek Racing T400, Dynamic converter, Autoweld, Santhuff, Smith Racecraft,
His real name is Richard but they call it "**** Fords Body Shop"

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've used the Kestrel 5100 for several years along with a manual log book. Hard to beat for the money. I had a sensor issue late last year and I sent it in for service. Three day turn around for no charge and it came back with new batteries.

Posts: 26 | Location: TEXAS...waiting to secede! | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
len281 . Sound like me old school and if it works for you do it.

The more high tech it gets and more computer involved the more likely I will screw up. Plus takes stupid on my part to loose all records when they are on paper,not so much when on computer. LOL

Sounds like my best bet for a while at least.

69427 . You mean there is something other than injected alky or injected nitro. Both work better with big fan to add air.LMAO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post