DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Simpson Venator Pro helmet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simpson Venator Pro helmet
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted
Almost time for a new helmet. Anyone know much about this helmet? They are $900 off right now. I would hope with a $1900 list price they are not made on China like the Carbon Devil Ray and Bandit. I really like my carbon Devil Ray but also was really disappointed when I got it and found the made in China label inside it

https://www.simpsonraceproduct...s/carbon-venator-pro

Posts: 2429 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Steve the Simpson Diamondback, Kyle's helmet is made in the USA and available in Carbon, on sale too.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Damn why is that one normaly 1800$?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
those prices are why i buy from the truck for half off when i can, lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: seabass,

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
Damn why is that one normaly 1800$?

Thats why I was asking about it. Why is it so special?

The last time I checked my head was worth investing $1000 in

Posts: 2429 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I have the Devil Ray also and felt the same way when I saw made in China. The Venator is nice but damn that's expensive when full price and I only see small and med/lg on Simpson site for the sale.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I love my Impact Champ, best fitting and most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. Made in USA as well...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just curious, if Simpson is the "Gold Standard" for safety, why do they manufacture products in China?

For all I know, the products might be better produced overseas because of materials used.

Just asking

PS: Check for SFI dates on any helmet you buy. I think the latest is 2020

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Almost time for a new helmet. Anyone know much about this helmet? They are $900 off right now. I would hope with a $1900 list price they are not made on China like the Carbon Devil Ray and Bandit. I really like my carbon Devil Ray but also was really disappointed when I got it and found the made in China label inside it

I have both. I like the looks of the Venator better but prefer the Devil Ray for comfort and visibility. JMO

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
quote:

I have both. I like the looks of the Venator better but prefer the Devil Ray for comfort and visibility. JMO

Do you have any idea why the Venator cost is so high? I assume it is made in the states but it does not specify that on there website like it does with the Diamondback.
When I tried on both the Devil Ray and Bandit visibility is why I choose the Devil ray. Carbon Diamondback looks really nice too but has pretty much the same opening as the Bandit

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Steve, the Diamondback’s eye port is small if you wear glasses.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
We have a National in Houston in May. I think the best thing to do is wait until then so I can physically look at and try on helmets. JR Baxter said they had 50% off deals on SA2015 helmets at the Gators this past weekend, hopefully they will have the same at Houston

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
quote:

Do you have any idea why the Venator cost is so high? I assume it is made in the states but it does not specify that on there website like it does with the Diamondback.
When I tried on both the Devil Ray and Bandit visibility is why I choose the Devil ray. Carbon Diamondback looks really nice too but has pretty much the same opening as the Bandit

Mine was not that much. I bought it 2 years ago. I would have to assume the additional cost for the Pro version is for the FIA 8860 rating which mine does not have.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post