DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    rpm data logger,sle wiring question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rpm data logger,sle wiring question
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
In attemot to simplify car and wiring. I was thinking if could reset data logger and activate sle off transbake button it would take two steps out and two switches with wiring at same time,

RPM data logger has a setting to allow it to go back x amount before reset. Should so pretty sure have not dbl checked that yet.

Problem with all 3 one button?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
No but you can do it with 2 buttons. TB needs to be a stand alone button
As a general rule you want to activate the SLE on the top stage bulb at the latest that way you foot is on the floor when you stage, I would activate mine just before I turn on the top stage bulb but that's my preference. Just 1 less thing to think about once the top bulb is on
I have a relay wired parallel to the SLE button to activate the logger. Wire the logger trigger thru a normally open contact on the relay and when you push and release the SLE button it will momentary energize the relay and close the contacts to start the logger.
Hope that makes sense. If you are using a K&R box that same button is also your bump down if you use it

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I have my SLE button activate the data logger and have the data logger start to log after drive shaft hits 1000 rpm. Data logger backs up collecting for 1 second.
I could never remember to activate the data logger.

Since the data logger uses a momentary button to start logging I use a relay to act as the button. It's activated using the SLE button.

LOL what Steve said.. Big Grin

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Me either David. Either old guy thing or fact the alky cars we always had crew guy trip when we brought on first bulb. Hell lately I have just been worried about what reason they would find to shut me now more than anything else. Not lol or at all.

I guess flooring iyt on the first bulb is not a bad idea. I Like hitting it when light second at which time the TB has been locked in also. I understand why some would not but for me its more in line with heads-up routine and more atuomatic.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Think I found an issue with that idea. If wire in the backup button it still back feed 12v to TB wire which will make everything have 12z and activate sle meaning no throttle. Then I will be catching hell for backing up too slow and taking too much time. If anything I have been *****ed at for backing too fast

I guess it has to be two buttons like David's deal. now just remember to set sle which I still can not get use to anyway.