DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    93 or older S 10
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

93 or older S 10
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
What is the largest slick that will fit an s 10 without sectioning the rear frame. Will be tubed.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
The first thing the tire will hit is the leaf spring. The offset of the wheel will have the biggest effect. I believe you can get a 10.5" on a 10" wheel if you have about 4.5" backspace.
http://www.v8s10.org/forum/

Posts: 1467 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm 99% sure my dads S10 has not had the frame moved in, we run a 29.5-10.5W on a 12" rim with 3" BS (Weld Alumastar)and its really close to the leaf spring ,also have a set of 11" Hosehots with 2-7/8" BS and they have plenty of room. Backspacing is the key.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post