DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Advertised tire size not close to reality?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advertised tire size not close to reality?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I just mounted and balanced a pair of front runners that are supposed to be 26x4.5x15. Advertised circumference = 81 inches. Put the tires on the car and rolling circumference = 77.1 inches. Holy crap. That is FAR away from advertised....both diameter and circumference. Is this normal or did I get 2 mis-marked tires?
I could understand a ONE HALF INCH difference between advertised and actual but this is BS.

Posts: 80 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
77.1 / 3.14 = 24.5

24.5 x 4.5 x 15

Maybe they're mis-marked 24.5's

call em, tell em no good

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And what brand tires?

Posts: 20 | Location: 46060 | Registered: October 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by threepedals:
And what brand tires?

Wi Tu Lo

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
These are Moroso DS-2 at 30 lbs inflation and clearly marked on the tire itself. It's hard to believe that the tire factory could get it so wrong.

Posts: 80 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Made in Hoo Flung Dung China?