DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD Grid - Shift Configuration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD Grid - Shift Configuration
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted
Hi,
Double checking configurations.

All MSD Grid electronics. Crank trigger.
Powerglide. Very loose converter (6650 RPM).
Yellow wire to Shift input on Digital Delay relay panel.
Objective is to shift @ 7100 RPMs.

Are these correct?

Thank you in advance,
Clark

Posts: 125 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
My work computer won't allow a lot of photo sites to come through, but I looked on my phone and can't make out any of the text in the photos. My eyes are pretty good.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
In Shift Light, program both Launch Light High/ Low to 15,000. You are not using it and even if you were it wouldn’t work properly as programmed.

In Gear Shift, program the Shift Delay to 0.00. Program the Launch Delay to 1.00. initially. After making several runs, determine when the shift light activates and re-program Launch Delay to 0.25 less than this amount. Example… Shift Light activates 1.65 after Launch, program Launch Delay to 1.40.

Launch Dely does Not allow the Shift Counter to advance in the event you lift off the pedal prior to the shift activating.

Output Switch is disabled…… Not Using.

Confirm that Shift Light works to shift by programming the Power-On Test to ON and cycling the Ignition ON switch. Should activate the Shift Light output for 3 seconds.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
Thank you and will do.

Clark

Posts: 125 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post