DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    pro-filer/wilson intake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pro-filer/wilson intake
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just wondering if anyone has tried this new sbc intake, with real world results. Not much info on it, was it designed for larger cubic inch motors ?

Posts: 1 | Location: maryland | Registered: February 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Why be a pioneer? Look to the nationally known, professional bracket engine builders like Reher Morrison.

Further, typically these signature manifolds aren't worth the additional $ you paid for their name on it.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
porting an intake manifold for the typical bracket engines discussed here is a waste of $ and time. 10-15-20HP on the dyno translates to nothing on the time slip. Today, there are far more choices of intake manifolds available then there were in the 80s' no mind in the 60s and 70s.

There's no holy grail cast manifold for any given bracket engine nor porter with magic hands whose work making the inside of your manifold eye candy will have you running tenths quicker and the biggest mistake most make, is choosing a manifold with too much plenum volume.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
IMO, the best SBC manifold on the planet is a Holley 300-110...

As far as porting, just depends on what your trying to accomplish. Some OOB manifolds are horrible for fuel distribution.

I've had manifolds gain two plus tenths at the track.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chad, my intent is not to make my comment about you but give me 1 tenth and 1 MPH over my current fully ported Vic jr. and I'll pay double your typical price for fully porting a manifold but if I don't get those results, 100% money back.

I'll also tell you that the twin to my engine, in my buddy's Nova, built too by Sunset, made the same power as my engine on the dyno and runs the same ET/MPH but his Vic Jr. manifold is out of the box except for a gasket match.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Chad, give me 1 tenth and 1 MPH over my current fully ported Vic jr. and I'll pay double your typical price for fully porting a manifold but if I don't get those results, 100% money back.

I'll also tell you that the twin to my engine, in my buddy's Nova, built too by Sunset, made the same power as my engine on the dyno and his Vic Jr. manifold is out of the box except for a gasket match.

OK, how about I port up a Vic JR and send it and you don't pay if it doesn't go faster and just send it back? You don't even need to pay me to get it, just if it works. I'm game. Let me do my thing to one..

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ok but I much rather you do your thing on a Brodix 2027 for my dragster engine. That manifold is out of the box.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Ok but I much rather you do your thing on a Brodix 2027 for my dragster. That manifold is out of the box.

OK, that works as well. I'm traveling right now but the first of the week I'll PM you and tell me what head so I know the opening size. Sound good?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sure, thanks for accepting the challenge.

The heads are Brodix 383 Headhunters

BTW, do you know anyone breeding Morkies?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:

Chad, are you saying as cast, ported or both ways ??

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

As far as porting, just depends on what your trying to accomplish. Some OOB manifolds are horrible for fuel distribution.

I've had manifolds gain two plus tenths at the track.

Just curious, how would the 300-110 compare to a Super Victor Jr 2925 on a 355" with an older(2003) set of AFR 220 Race Ready CNC heads.
13:1
Old Crane Cam #11881

The engine is sitting in the corner waiting to be finished. Crank,cam and Jesel belt drive assembled 13 years ago.Hope to finish it someday.
I have everything to complete the build,if I can find them. Rings are already filed if I remember correctly. Lol

Thanks for any info. I have the Vic Jr now. It needs to be port matched. If you(or anyone) thought there would be a better manifold I'd like to know. Probably can sell the Vic Jr for more $ then what I paid for it new!

I own gas and alky carbs as well as a Ron's Toilet.

Thanks again!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:

OK, how about I port up a Vic JR and send it and you don't pay if it doesn't go faster and just send it back? You don't even need to pay me to get it, just if it works. I'm game. Let me do my thing to one..[/QUOTE]

Oh no, You are not gonna get in bed with this ass. Everything in the world is going to be wrong.
A dollar down , the chase is on.....

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Courious to see how this turns out. I've been going back and forth on getting a ported intake for my 421 with a set of old 235 pro topline heads that have a little port work. Been a best of 6.04 at 3000

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post