DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Rotating Hooser Slicks ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rotating Hooser Slicks ?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
because I'm not a broke dyck

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
because I'm not a broke dyck

To paraphrase your words, you can waste your money as you see fit.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you assume too much Wink

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
From my experience the sidewalls go away before the dot/tread does. I notice reaction times will start falling off. To me that is the sidewalls going away. Car will still hook and be consentient. But the reaction time spread from the start of the day to the end of the day will start getting wider.

I don't really have any proof of this but when I put new tires on the reaction time spread will tighten back up.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts393c:
From my experience the sidewalls go away before the dot/tread does. I notice reaction times will start falling off. To me that is the sidewalls going away. Car will still hook and be consentient. But the reaction time spread from the start of the day to the end of the day will start getting wider.

I don't really have any proof of this but when I put new tires on the reaction time spread will tighten back up.

Exactly my experience

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is from the Hoosier web site

"DRAG RACING TIRES, INCLUDING DOT DRAG TIRES: (Includes catalog numbers beginning with 17, 18)
Hoosier drag tires can be mounted to rotate in either direction. Hoosier drag tires can also be flipped or reversed to provide even wear"

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts393c:
From my experience the sidewalls go away before the dot/tread does.

agreed

DRR Sportsman
Picture of SST386
posted Hide Post
I rotate mine off the car when they're worn out and rotate new ones on.

Posts: 361 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
20-30 runs on lil Bubbas on dragster mainly to keep them smooth. I think our track is abrasive and feathers them out quite a bit.
The S10 has 14x32 M/T they don't shown much feathering in first 50 hits so we will just watch them.
I agree, the sidewalls go first. We are going to put tubes in the S10 M/Ts to stiffen them and see if likes that.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
Because they are mine and I can do what I want. lol

Absolutely, you can waste your time as you see fit.

Meanwhile, I use indisputable data to make my decisions...the TIME SLIP which has shown me over 3 decades that my 60 foots vary .00x from pass to pass, from the first hit on new tires to the last hit I make on my tires, many times running EXACTLY the same 60 foot to the thousand, before retiring them from service which totals upwards of 175 passes on my 3200 lb. door car and upwards of 300 passes on my 2005 lb. dragster and there is still wear holes showing on the slicks from both cars. Further the data on my time slip is supported my the data retrieved after each pass, downloaded from my Racepak Data recorder.

After reading this claim, I thought to myself "wow, I got to see this with my own eyes." I know how hard it is to make a throttle stop car repeat over 3-4 days to the .00X as claimed. So I decided to go look for TRUTHS and FACTS (sound familiar?) on good ol trusty NHRA live timing. What I found there was alarming....ED isn't always as truthful as he claims!!!!!!!! What?????? I saw back to back runs on several different occasions, at several different tracks where the super comp car varied .02X.
Just proof here, that you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Even if it comes from the almighty ******.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
hater alert^^^

Reading comprehension is weak with this one.

Where did I state that either of my cars repeated to .00x over 3-4 days?

Where did I state that either of my car were competing in a throttle stop class in reference to the facts stated about my cars?

Just proof here that you have to consider the hater's sole motivation for replying to a thread for which they offer no advice, no reply to the OP.

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i ran a pair til they started leaking air through the tread,put news on and had o change in anything but the leaking air.those tires got swapped if i had them for some reason.i dont count passes so not sure

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusty,

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1414 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post