New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grid problem
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Try a different coil if you have one. My experience with 7720 has been either works or not working, never intermittent. I’d try a different 7730 if you have one also if coil replacement does not solve.

Posts: 2613 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Try a different coil if you have one. My experience with 7720 has been either works or not working, never intermittent. I’d try a different 7730 if you have one also if coil replacement does not solve.

I have a brand new 7730 7720 and a coil one way or the other something gonna fix it. lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1414 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark ibhave an active alert

P/n 7730 crank senor voltage low. I can clear it and crank it again and it comes back. No crank trigger on the car. But it has fire from the coil wire currently

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1414 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
And the plug for the sd card and pc hook up wasn't plugged in all the way. That shouldn't effect anything should it? Started ran for 10 mins let it sit for 10 started right up. It would not do that the other day.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:I have an active alert 7730 crank senor voltage low.

I think that alert may be common with a distributor trigger, ignition ON, engine not running, don’t remember. If the alert doesn’t clear by itself when the engine is RUNNING then I believe you may have a problem. Try Unplugging and re-connect the distributor to Grid

Posts: 2613 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark the 7730 was the issue. Replace it and it seems fixed. When i open the view the pc isnt picking the o2 up. I dont remember if there is something in the grid i have to enable for for it to work. Any thing i need to check?

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
When attached to Grid with the ignition ON and open MSDView4 should see the module listed on the selection page

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
When attached to Grid with the ignition ON and open MSDView4 should see the module listed on the selection page

It's not showing up

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Does the indicator light on the 7765 turn ON with ignition ON? If not try unplugging it and the CAN-bus hub from Grid and re-connecting.