DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Manley 4.25 BBC crankshaft
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manley 4.25 BBC crankshaft
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone using one in 950ish HP 555? Looking for some real world experiences. I am guessing they are made off shore for the price point I see them at.

Posts: 27 | Location: Pen Argyl, PA | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have 565 with a Manley rotating assembly that I got in a Facebook raffle. I've put 300ish runs plus whatever the previous owner put on it with no problems so far.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JakeW143:
Anyone using one in 950ish HP 555? Looking for some real world experiences. I am guessing they are made off shore for the price point I see them at.

I hope you're guessing wrong! It'll only move the giant sucking sound doomsday clock closer to midnight, if so! Fact

If I were you I'd find out for sure beforehand.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm not following you Mike Rietow?!

Posts: 27 | Location: Pen Argyl, PA | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/EAHM9rXjdUo

25 years later Trump.... "Buy American hire America.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I liked that little Texan!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have Molnar crank and rods in my new 555...

103 runs and the rods are still bolted to the crank. Friend of mine is building a 632 and is using their stuff too after seeing mine. I’ll buy it next time too.

I opted for the power adder rods for the small price difference.

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JakeW143:
I liked that little Texan!!

Me too! Perot was genuine in spite of both Clinton and Bush professing globalism was just a matter of job retraining, which was fake!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Check with Bullet Cams Jake. This is a made in USA 4.25 crank I bought for a guys dragster from a long time friend from Lunati who moved over to Bullet. I'm pretty sure it's a Callies Magnum he would only say it is good **** put whatever power to it you like. The chinese crank I switched out for this bullet crank had a crack which nearly destroyed this block. I put this block in a paint oven (aluminum block) to get the clearances exact (running temp) as a result of the line bore being iffy at the parting line on the #1 main cap as a result of the cracked crank just about ruining this block. We had to fanagle half shells to get clearances but it's running to this day 4.70s - 4.80's. I was pretty happy we could save this block for the guy to get his daughters out there racing together. A block may have set that back a few months I'm sure.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I will most likely put another Callies Magnum back in it. Thanks for the input.