DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dedenbear DED L-1 Lightning Delay Box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dedenbear DED L-1 Lightning Delay Box
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Is anyone using a Dedenbear DED L-1 (Lightning) delay box? If so have you experienced any wide variances with the crossover delay feature?

Second question: Is there any way to use it to shift on RPM ?

Thanks for any replies.

Bob

Posts: 3155 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
1) There is a "Cross compensation" feature when using the Crossover delay function that will either add or subtract delay when crossing over. You will want to make sure that is ZEROED out. I ran into this for quite some time, I can't remember if it adds or subtracts but mine had like .015 in it for the longest time from factory and I never caught it. It might read "Cross Comp." on the screen or something. I can see if I can find the instructions in my bookmarks somewhere for you.

2) As far as I remember, this box does not have an RPM feature to shift the car on RPM. You can however shift it on TIME if you would like using one of the T-Stop outputs.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
http://www.dedenbear.com/instr...onswiring/L1and2.pdf

Go to page 4 and it explains a lil more.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post