DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    LED Lights For A Roadster
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LED Lights For A Roadster
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
I want to install two small LED headlights on the front of my Roadster and a looking for some
ideas. I have a 16 volt system so one of the questions would be concern about using 12 volt lamps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bob

Posts: 3086 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I found a set almost identical ti drag race solutions on eBay for 20 bucks. small and brite.

Not saying theirs is bad price but looking around can save good amount of cash if you have the time.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I put some flood light similar to this on my Front Engine Dragster and my Altered both. They worked great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16625...tkp%3ABk9SR87Uwbi2Yg

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Amazon has a huge assortment. We've used a few different styles with no problems.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 469 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I had some like the ones Ed posted a link to except chrome. They were plenty bright and lasted the whole time I had my dragster on 16 volts. Nice and compact too

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
My dragster was 16 volts and the lights worked good. On new altered I went back to 12 volts.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Most of the aftermarket LED lights for vehicles you'll find are rated for 10-24V so you should be fine with your 16V system. I used to sell a product similar to the DragRaceSolutions and they were always a solid product. Cant go wrong with those.

------------------------------------------
killer of MT82s
Converter Guy

Posts: 25 | Location: Deland | Registered: December 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the feedback.

I want to keep the size as small as possible due to the limited mounting places. I'm still working on that challenge.

Bob

Posts: 3086 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Thanks for all the feedback.

I want to keep the size as small as possible due to the limited mounting places. I'm still working on that challenge.

Bob

Small saves weight to. I do not have the lights on when I am racing but they are great on some of the dark return roads.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
In my case it's the lack of light on return roads. Last weekend one of our friends was involved in a collision because the other guy didn't see him. Not bad but avoidable had there been more light.

Bob

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bob, it's unfortunately your track owner and manager doesn't care about his customers, their safety nor his responsibility.

A few of these resolves the issue and liability of their dark return road

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
YEP Ed them's the ones I bought. Mounting might be a small challenge but I do have a 220 buzz box welder.

One Quick Question Ed:

Can you weld fiberglass or should I glue them puppies on the fenders?

Respectfully:

Bob

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I would through bolt them Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Bob, it's unfortunately your track owner and manager doesn't care about his customers, their safety nor his responsibility.

A few of these resolves the issue and liability of their dark return road

Unfortunately, the first time I've been on here in ages, the resident ahole still has to try to put blame on others, and fvck up a thread at the same time. Blame the track operator.... "or manager" for a possible low lighting condition, or not, since the p.o.s was not there. But can take time to go an find a picture of a light tower to post in a stupid rebuttal to nothing, instead of adding anything constructive. Exactly how these run off the rails.
Watch out peeps, he is gonna be the first one to the attorney using the key words safety, responsibility and Liability if you have an incident.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Actually Ed was the first one to respond with link to lights that would fit the ops needs

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
He’s just a hater, a jealous loser that contributes nothing but his drivel.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
Actually Ed was the first one to respond with link to lights that would fit the ops needs

Yep and Bob ordered those lights because they fit his needs of being compact and bright

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post