DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Sparco racing shoes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sparco racing shoes
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted
well my old Simpson Adrenaline shoes failed at the track this weekend. The sole split open under the ball of my foot.

They have since changed the style a little of this shoe, not sure I like the new version as much.

I love my Sparco suit, so thinking about the Sparco Slalom + suede from Biondo Racing.

Anyone used these shoes and care to comment on how you like them?

One thing I didn't like on the Simpson and other mid top shoes was the velcro strap around the ankle. This Sparco version does not have the velcro ankle strap.

Thanks for any input.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ A question to your question. How does the competition driving shoes compare in sizing to your street shoes/ sneakers you normally wear?

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
^^^^^ A question to your question. How does the competition driving shoes compare in sizing to your street shoes/ sneakers you normally wear?

Well on the Simpson the sizing was the same being 10.5.

The Sparco stuff is made in Italy and uses European sizing which makes fitment a bit more challenging. I believe 44 10 to 10.5 and 45 is 10.5 to 11, so it’s a crap shoot which size to pick.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
I loved my old Sparco shoes. They were size 12. I wear a 12.5 otherwise. I ordered size 12 replacement not realizing the style had changed. Too small. Reordered 12.5, still too small. Reordered size 13. Still waiting on them.

I'd recommend 1/2 size larger than your normal shoe size.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have the Race 2 shoe which must be the broke dyck version of the Slalom: https://www.biondoracing.com/p...t/sfi-5-race-2-shoe/

They are very comfortable and come in US sizes. I wear a 12 street shoe and a 12 in these.

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Puma makes racing shoes also, which is what I wear. I don't remember which model I have.

Some of them are cross-branded with Sparco too.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Love my Sparco shoes.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input fellas.

I tried to make things simple and avoid the sizing issues of the Sparco by ordering the Simpson shoes like my old ones.

Turns out the new ones are made in Pakistan compared to the old ones made in China. Roll Eyes

The new ones have MUCH thicker padding in the ankle and tongue. So much so that the ankle Velcro strap was too short to fasten. Sent them right back.

Ordered the Sparco from Biondo and got 1/2 size larger per some feedback I was given. Those came in and sure enough, too large. Sent those back and exchanged for one size smaller and those seem pretty good although a little narrow through the ball of my foot.

Hoping they stretch a little as they break in from wearing.

Thanks for the input!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I can’t wear the regular Sparco shoes. They feel like they are crushing the top of my foot. That being said I just got a pair of the Puma/Sparco shoes and love them. They aren’t SFI but if I need SFI I’ll pull my Simpson;s out of the closet.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:
well my old Simpson Adrenaline shoes failed at the track this weekend. The sole split open under the ball of my foot.

They have since changed the style a little of this shoe, not sure I like the new version as much.

I love my Sparco suit, so thinking about the Sparco Slalom + suede from Biondo Racing.

Anyone used these shoes and care to comment on how you like them?

One thing I didn't like on the Simpson and other mid top shoes was the velcro strap around the ankle. This Sparco version does not have the velcro ankle strap.

Thanks for any input.

Great timing on this thread, as my sons Simpsons sole fell off at our first T&T 9/22 in 3 years. No duct tape in trailer, tried tyraps, as all he had was work boots.

Will be following.

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
I can’t wear the regular Sparco shoes. They feel like they are crushing the top of my foot. That being said I just got a pair of the Puma/Sparco shoes and love them. They aren’t SFI but if I need SFI I’ll pull my Simpson;s out of the closet.

I did the same thing...Puma/ Sparco Speedcats. Real SFI shoes are too soft and wear out too quick but I like to have a dedicated pair of shoes for driving. These are comfortable and look the part!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post