DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Don't listen to Mike Rietow - Ripper. Screwed up my racing program
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Don't listen to Mike Rietow - Ripper. Screwed up my racing program
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
posted
Title says it all.
 
Posts: 1436 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
HMMMM


272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
 
Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
did you hit a cone?

ep
 
Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
did you hit a cone?

ep

lol
 
Posts: 287 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You’re no victim here, only a willing participant
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
did you hit a cone?

ep


Democrats, so damn predictable.

Biden won the election too, legit.

According to democrats.

Laughing Hard


 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
As far as the OP goes, we had very few conversations, relatively speaking.

It didn't take long, at all.

Laughing Hard
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have to say no it did not take much time at all.

Mike helped my awhile back with carb stumble... Many others were giving advice that didn't work. APD wanted carb back. He told me to buy x, do this and it's worked for last two years flawless

This year we were trying to tighten up the packages. The car would be good for several rounds and then in flyer.

Mike suggested a shock, mind you I just bought a well known brand. I followed his suggestion and yes they were a pretty gold penny. Mike made nothing of the deal. Got the shocks and the car worked in the 60ft flawless. But picked up some movement on top end that normally wasn't there. By the way we had the car within .001 over 4 runs within 3 hits. Prior the car would be .007-9

Next race, sbra finals. First day go 5 rounds in both box and top. Next day go to 4th, third day go to 4th in both, and carry thru to semis. Car still slightly moving on top end.

Mike suggests a carb tweak, timing, and I find a small issue that is corrected.

Next day everyone is struggling nighttime. Mine is printing slips. Those that race with me are moving 2-3 numbers run to run. These guys are dead on.

Unfortunately I went took myself out with a slight red light.

But props to Mike and his assistance. Mike I'll be your willing victim anytime.
 
Posts: 1436 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
at what point was the cone runned over.

ep
 
Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
Have to say no it did not take much time at all.

Mike helped my awhile back with carb stumble... Many others were giving advice that didn't work. APD wanted carb back. He told me to buy x, do this and it's worked for last two years flawless

This year we were trying to tighten up the packages. The car would be good for several rounds and then in flyer.

Mike suggested a shock, mind you I just bought a well known brand. I followed his suggestion and yes they were a pretty gold penny. Mike made nothing of the deal. Got the shocks and the car worked in the 60ft flawless. But picked up some movement on top end that normally wasn't there. By the way we had the car within .001 over 4 runs within 3 hits. Prior the car would be .007-9

Next race, sbra finals. First day go 5 rounds in both box and top. Next day go to 4th, third day go to 4th in both, and carry thru to semis. Car still slightly moving on top end.

Mike suggests a carb tweak, timing, and I find a small issue that is corrected.

Next day everyone is struggling nighttime. Mine is printing slips. Those that race with me are moving 2-3 numbers run to run. These guys are dead on.

Unfortunately I went took myself out with a slight red light.

But props to Mike and his assistance. Mike I'll be your willing victim anytime.


Now ya just gotta settle in, and get used to knowing what you can run, if you want.

The driveshaft graph looks exactly how I'd imagine it should a year ago, according to how you described the 4 link setup on the car, at that time.

Easy on the tire now.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
Have to say no it did not take much time at all.

Mike helped my awhile back with carb stumble... Many others were giving advice that didn't work. APD wanted carb back. He told me to buy x, do this and it's worked for last two years flawless

This year we were trying to tighten up the packages. The car would be good for several rounds and then in flyer.

Mike suggested a shock, mind you I just bought a well known brand. I followed his suggestion and yes they were a pretty gold penny. Mike made nothing of the deal. Got the shocks and the car worked in the 60ft flawless. But picked up some movement on top end that normally wasn't there. By the way we had the car within .001 over 4 runs within 3 hits. Prior the car would be .007-9

Next race, sbra finals. First day go 5 rounds in both box and top. Next day go to 4th, third day go to 4th in both, and carry thru to semis. Car still slightly moving on top end.

Mike suggests a carb tweak, timing, and I find a small issue that is corrected.

Next day everyone is struggling nighttime. Mine is printing slips. Those that race with me are moving 2-3 numbers run to run. These guys are dead on.

Unfortunately I went took myself out with a slight red light.

But props to Mike and his assistance. Mike I'll be your willing victim anytime.


Now ya just gotta settle in, and get used to knowing what you can run, if you want.

The driveshaft graph looks exactly how I'd imagine it should a year ago, according to how you described the 4 link setup on the car, at that time.

Easy on the tire now.


Agree. Makes it easy then. Especially when track was less than stellar and it repeats like that.
 
Posts: 1436 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Going from it moving 4-5-6 hundredths, to this.

It's only a matter of time.


 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Hard to get a car to repeat after killing all the cones every pass
 
Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
Hard to get a car to repeat after killing all the cones every pass


Do you put on a dress and high heels before taking it without a peep, from nobody track officials? Confused
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
at what point was the cone runned over.

ep


You're like a democrat in heat, hunting browny points.

Never trust a junky drunk on favors.

But just think, you keep it up, they might send ya a jacket free with their name on it, dork.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
Have to say no it did not take much time at all.

Mike helped my awhile back with carb stumble... Many others were giving advice that didn't work. APD wanted carb back. He told me to buy x, do this and it's worked for last two years flawless

This year we were trying to tighten up the packages. The car would be good for several rounds and then in flyer.

Mike suggested a shock, mind you I just bought a well known brand. I followed his suggestion and yes they were a pretty gold penny. Mike made nothing of the deal. Got the shocks and the car worked in the 60ft flawless. But picked up some movement on top end that normally wasn't there. By the way we had the car within .001 over 4 runs within 3 hits. Prior the car would be .007-9

Next race, sbra finals. First day go 5 rounds in both box and top. Next day go to 4th, third day go to 4th in both, and carry thru to semis. Car still slightly moving on top end.

Mike suggests a carb tweak, timing, and I find a small issue that is corrected.

Next day everyone is struggling nighttime. Mine is printing slips. Those that race with me are moving 2-3 numbers run to run. These guys are dead on.

Unfortunately I went took myself out with a slight red light.

But props to Mike and his assistance. Mike I'll be your willing victim anytime.


He almost has your car setup like his. On cone kill!!


Mikey
 
Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
dumb and dumber!
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Democrats calm down, everything is under control.

It's only a matter of time.


 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Democrats

Laughing very hard


 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
Mike , you really need to start laughing about the cone deal at this point. The bones are dust.

The resident know it all troll jumped at the chum like a jackal feeding on someone else's kill. So easy and predictable. The laughs never stop.

RIP clapping


It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.
 
Posts: 793 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Don't listen to Mike Rietow - Ripper. Screwed up my racing program

© DragRaceResults.com 2024