DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Car Missing under full throttle
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Missing under full throttle
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
I have to think that it isn't fuel starvation issue because I was always told that the largest demand for fuel is directly after the shift. If you have a crank trigger, is the wire zip tied up and secured from being able to move? I have heard that if it isn't, the wires can break inside the cable and it really only shows up when the car is moving. Kind of sounds like what you have going on.. Simple check is to start the car up and carefully reach down and grab the wire and wiggle it and see if the car starts missing at idle..

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Sounds dumb but i have seen cut off switches do some weird shi t

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1404 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
I had an occasional miss fire I chased for about a year. It ended up being the power wire for my grid/ignition had been crimped too tight and cut about 1/2 the wires strands.
I also agree on narrowing plug gap. I run mine at .025

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
That's 3 votes for closing up the plug gap..........JS

Can't hurt to try, and costs nothing.....

Also, reading a plug in a alcohol engine is completely different than in a gas engine. Don't be looking at the color of the porcelain..

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
That's 3 votes for closing up the plug gap..........JS

Can't hurt to try, and costs nothing.....

Also, reading a plug in a alcohol engine is completely different than in a gas engine. Don't be looking at the color of the porcelain..

You didn't run a magneto?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post